No announcement yet.

Objects whose name no one can agree on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about - and this may sound radical - eating whatever the hell you want and not letting anyone else dictate to you whatever choices you make.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
      How about - and this may sound radical - eating whatever the hell you want and not letting anyone else dictate to you whatever choices you make.

Woke, PC nonsense.

Comment

Yeah, where's the fun in that? Mind you I've just had Subway, so there's a whole nother^ can of worms.

^as the kids say.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          The kind of BBQ sauce that is used on pizzas is too sweet and just doesn’t make any sense. There might be a BBQ sauce that would work but it’s not been on any pizzas I’ve had. None of the sweet tomato-molasses sauces of Memphis, St Louis or KC work, Alabama white sauce would be an abomination and Eastern Carolina vinegar/pepper too watery. Pineapple has sweetness too, but at least carries enough acidity for it not to be as wrong as bbq sauce. Maybe a western Carolina mustard based sauce would be OK on a hammy, salami-y pizza.
          I used to get the bbq chicken pizza (non-deep dish) at Pizzeria Uno when I worked there, but that was 27 years ago.

It was a bit too sweet. Something a bit spicier but less sweet would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
            ‘One sauce per dish’ is my motto. A cooked breakfast is best served with mustard or brown sauce (or the hot stuff, if the meal suggests it). .
            I dunno, mustard and ketchup on an American got dog can be quite the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

Woke, PC nonsense.
              I'll wear this as a badge of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                I don’t think ‘expressing an opinion’ constitutes ‘dictating’, does it?​

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

I dunno, mustard and ketchup on an American got dog can be quite the thing.
                Okay, I’ll concede that. (And probably should've thought of it.)
                Last edited by Jah Womble; 18-03-2024, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                  Not judging as I'll occasionally have a bowl of microwaved super noodles with no side or sauce for dinner, but that meal has real "teenager left at home alone for the first time" energy
                  If you want to take it to the next level, once you've made the super noodles, stick them between two slices of bread and shove them in a sandwich toaster. Toastie taste sensation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                    I don’t think ‘expressing an opinion’ constitutes ‘dictating’, does it?​
                    Not usually, but some people can take it a bit too far and go from "I don't like it but y'know, you do you" to "I don't like it so therefore no-one else should be allowed to like it". Thankfully no-one on OTF seems to have the latter attitude.
                    Last edited by 3 Colours Red; 18-03-2024, 10:04.

Comment

Indeed - to the best of my knowledge, no opinion expressed here has ever been passed as law.

Not as a result, anyway.

Comment

I must have missed the memo because these days you call it a ‘pizza peel’ rather than the more familiar ‘big pizza spade’. I don’t know when Big Dough made the call on this but it is what it is

Comment

Pizza paddle, surely?

Comment

Technically a peel

https://www.pizza-porta.com/blog/is-...a-peal-or-peel

Comment

See! The first two times they describe it, they call it a paddle. They know that's the word that normal people would understand.

It's definitely not a shovel and, going back to the start of the thread, I'd struggle to call it a spatula.

Comment

"Pizza fish slice" will definitely get you ejected

Comment

Working...
                                X