Scam NHS texts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam NHS texts?

I've received some texts claiming to be from Guy's & St. Thomas' hospitals. They look really dubious. Does anyone know if this is a known scam? Trying to get me to click on a link.

I don't know tbh but it's highly likely if you aren't expecting anything from them.

I'd suggest calling them if you are able to.

I'm guessing this is really adding to your stress. Look after yourself please DM.

Comment

The NHS is increasingly communicating via text message, so they could be genuine, but if it looks dodgy I'd second Antepli's suggestion.

Comment

If it is about signing up for an app, it is from the NHS, i emailed them last month. Suggest do the same if worried.

Comment

I phoned them and they weren't sure. Looked up the mobile number and it's apparently legit, though plenty of people have reported it as a scam because it looks like a scam. My current intention is to answer the appointment call the text says I have coming (assuming it actually comes) and be wary

I'm increasingly pissed off with this tendency organisations have to send text messages with links in them. Send me a fucking email! I don't do anything sensitive on my phone cos phones are easy to lose, and I don't use phone internet if I can avoid it cos it's like going back to dialup while wearing boxing gloves. The only reason I even have a smartphone is to use the hotspot for my internet.

Comment

Kings have started texting me with a link to a site with an appointment letter (they still post the letter as well). I had the same concerns the first time I got one.

Comment

Coincidentally, I learnt today that Guy's and St Thomas' recently (last month) moved to a new patient record system. So that might explain why they are contacting you in a different way to what they have done before.

Comment

Yeah, he said about that, it's called Epic.

The call was either legit or this is the most sophisticated con I can imagine. About my cholesterol stuff. I had no idea I'd been referred to G&ST. I should be glad they're still trying to help me I suppose. More blood tests, an ultrasound and a dietitian then. Hey ho.

Comment

Working...
                X