No announcement yet.

A Well Regulated Militia . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne LaPierre of the NRA has made it clear the NRA are a SA in waiting, except the NRA are a little further to the right.

https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/966697406086766595

Comment

People like LaPierre are the reason I sometimes wish that eternal damnation was real.

Comment

He added later, "You should be anxious and you should be frightened" about the potential of another Democratic takeover of the House, Senate and White House.
        "If they seize power ... our American freedoms could be lost and our country will be changed forever," he said. "The first to go will be the Second Amendment."
        That's arithmetically impossible, just from the point of view of the Senate, even if all the Democrats support abolishing the Second Amendment.

Comment

Another NRA spokesperson

They’re attacking The FBI and the media- I wonder why

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/966707132832903168

How will this play? I think it wont help the NRA
          Last edited by Nefertiti2; 22-02-2018, 17:04.

Comment

He bears significant personal responsibility for that climate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
              I guess, but it's kind of a different etymology. A Federalist in the US is someone into (a particular reading of) the Federalist Papers and/or is a member of the Federalist Society, not just someone who espouses federalism.
              That's correct.

And The Federalist is an online publication filled with unhinged horseshit pretending to be "common sense."

Comment

A doctor on AR-15 wounds

It’s very hard to read. But necessary, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                  Another NRA spokesperson

They’re attacking The FBI and the media- I wonder why

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/966707132832903168

How will this play? I think it wont help the NRA
                  Me neither.

They needed to "shut up", as Bill O'Reilly used to say.

Comment

Nate Silver says It is different this time, and those wonderful young activists who saw their fellows murdered are making a difference

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/965352547383959552

Comment

RC, absolutely no need to apologise.

I believe that the word "evil" is very much over used in current discourse, but LaPierre is truly evil.

The article I linked above talks about how he got where he is now.

I do think that the batshit insanity and intensity of the NRA response today is itself an indication that they are very afraid that Silver is right.
                      Last edited by ursus arctos; 22-02-2018, 17:29.

Comment

It’s also in our power to keep talking about it. Again and again.

How do you stop a bad guy with a gun when he’s called Wayne LaPierre?

Comment

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966681883206668289

Comment

Even the most piss ant gun control measure is going to provoke a thousand Ruby Ridges or “lone wolf” massacres. I guess that’s part of the NRA plan as well, whip up the paranoia and hate. Someone is almost definitely going to try to fire into one of these student protests.

Comment

I think that there's a danger of a vicious circle as the two brands, Trump and the NRA are locked in a poisonous embrace and crash and burn together.

Comment

We can always hope

Comment

Hey, I've met Steve Cortes on CNN now!

Comment

I'm not listening to him.

Comment

A libyan speaks

Comment

Why school teaching in The US is like serving in Afghanistan

Comment

I think that Tubbs watches an order of magnitude more of CNN than all of US residents combined.

Comment

Cortes was the Trumpbot on MSNBC in 2016. Not sure when he switched or if MSNBC simply stopped giving Trumpbots airtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                              Cortes was the Trumpbot on MSNBC in 2016. Not sure when he switched or if MSNBC simply stopped giving Trumpbots airtime.
                                              HAHAHAHA

Where's the viewing figures in that?

Comment

Magary is good.

https://www.gq.com/story/on-rudeness

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  I think that Tubbs watches an order of magnitude more of CNN than all of US residents combined.
                                                  I don't watch TV at all. Nobody I know does. The only time I see commercials is during Penn State football games.
                                                  This is both an example of why TV-as-we-know-it is dying and deserves to die, and also why gridiron remains such an incredibly valuable media property.

Comment

We have CNN on when we're having the tea. We like Wolfie. I think it we may have eaten late and gone into Amanapour.

Compared to BBC News 24, most of the talking heads are pretty good. They lull you into a false sense of security before one of the loons comes on. I'm at least forewarned about some of them now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X