• Show
Clear All

Rishi Don't Lose That Number

Cabinet?

Thread stealer!

Comment

Tee hee hee!

Comment

If you can get enough support, I'll change the name. There is a threshold of 100 messages to cross though.

Comment

I have 102 messages but can publish them

Comment

Certain aspects of the Party have taken it well.

https://twitter.com/JackBarbour_/status/1584532109607469056

Comment

can't

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                I have 102 messages but can publish them
                Don't tell me. They're on a different forum.

Comment

In Canada

Comment

I'm sure the BBC will cover Sunak with the rigour that we have become used to. This from a biography of the current BBC Chairman, Richard Sharp.

Sharp worked for JP Morgan for eight years. He then worked for Goldman Sachs for 23 years, rising to chairman of its principal investment business in Europe, before leaving in 2007. He was Rishi Sunak's boss when they both worked for Goldman Sachs, was an advisor to Boris Johnson when he was Mayor of London, and acted as an unpaid adviser to Sunak on the UK's economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Comment

im withdrawing them in the name of board unity

Comment

Does Sunak get to pick his own Chief Stenographer from the BBC roster?

Comment

Early on page 1 of the Truss PM thread, Greenlander predicted she'd be "coming down with the Christmas decorations". Obviously way out there, but I'd still be interested in a prediction on Sunak's demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                            Early on page 1 of the Truss PM thread, Greenlander predicted she'd be "coming down with the Christmas decorations". Obviously way out there, but I'd still be interested in a prediction on Sunak's demise.
                            Main bet - confidence letters going in after a poor showing in the May local elections and they panic again about going into the GE with a lame duck PM

Outside bet - fails to get Budget through and goes to the country (as in a GE, not just fucks off out of London in a panic) in January

Parliamentary arithmetic is going to be impacted by whether Johnson now gets to push through his resignation "honours", whether Truss gets to do the same, and whatever other scandals are currently being overlooked in the recent chaos.

Comment

(all of which comes from a position of wishful thinking of course - he might stabilise the markets for now, get lucky on energy prices next winter and ride it through to a spring 2024 GE before the spending cuts really kick in in earnest).

Comment

I think the Tories are going to stay in line for a bit, unless they get spooked by the racism that GB News and Daily Heil are about to pump out. As far as the blue ticks are concerned, the grown-ups are back in charge and look how well that has worked for them so far. It's the Dream Team of two middle managers offering slightly different flavours of the same shit sandwich, so Starmer's going to not do anything and that 30-odd point lead is going to halve by Christmas.

Comment

The comparisons with Varadkar are striking - both had high public satisfaction ratings in early opinion polls before falling dramatically, neither secured the support of members in leadership campaigns before prevailing thanks to the parliamentary party, neither became head of government in a general election, and both have been accused of being aloof from the concerns of the public. Now we just need Sunak to lead his party to defeat to complete the set ...

Comment

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1584531043998380035?t=37Rb56Jl7OiqwY8gXHiVbg&s=19

Joy unconstrained in the comments.

Comment

https://twitter.com/EllaDecember/status/1584542453910016000?s=20&t=ZcgpAMoMoVzaOP0ZScbTLg

Comment

Inshallah????

https://twitter.com/HalimaNyomi/status/1584547403092623360?s=20&t=Rc8Awmnhx0ORlzByLbN0UA

Comment

There are the deluded, there are creeps

and then there's this guy

https://twitter.com/b_judah/status/1584545406540972032?s=20&t=olb23V36hsyxxl2n0ypgFQ

Comment

One good thing to come out of all this. I am listening to Pretzel Logic on repeat this afternoon because of the thread title. Normally my go-to Dan album is their first one but fuck me, I'd forgotten how good Pretzel Logic is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                              There are the deluded, there are creeps

and then there's this guy

https://twitter.com/b_judah/status/1584545406540972032?s=20&t=olb23V36hsyxxl2n0ypgFQ
                                              That is a... take...

Anyway, Rishi Rich is the first PM who is younger than me. Which is a bit like realising all the players on the pitch are younger than you including the old warhorse who has announced he's retiring at the end of the season.

Comment

They'll get a mild polling bounce because everybody will rally round him for a bit as the party's general survival instinct kicks in. If he's skilled and lucky enough he might be able to drag a honeymoon out until Christmas. Then they'll gradually decline again through a combination of events, scandals, his own faults and the fact they're still the same bunch of Tories. He'll wobble through to a general election on May 2nd 2024 where they'll get an heavy beating. He'll keep his seat because that's proper true blue Tory territory, then he'll stand down sometime in summer / early autumn that year at the end of their next spectacularly vituperative leadership election.

Comment

Barring a bizarre scandal what do we think the chances actually are of them trying to knife him? Say polls settle at 25% vote share until an absolute hammering in whatever May elections take place?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X