Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring your gun to work

Jindal signs gun bill

Over the objections of five powerful trade associations, Gov. Bobby Jindal has signed into law a bill that gives employees more freedom to take guns to work.

The Legislature's Web site says the bill was signed Wednesday.

The bill, backed by the National Rifle Association, gives an employee the right to keep a legally owned firearm locked in a car in a parking lot at the workplace, with some exceptions.

The bill's sponsor says the legislation backs employees who are fired for unwittingly carrying a firearm in their personal vehicle because they went hunting before or after work.

The trade associations say the bill interferes with employers' right to decide whether to allow firearms on their property.
    How does one "unwittingly" carry a gun in their car?

Bring your gun to work

Oh I'm always doing that. I forget that it's in my bag, and then, whoops, it can be a bit embarrassing if I accidentally drop it on the bus.

Comment

Bring your gun to work

Lyra wrote:
      Oh I'm always doing that. I forget that it's in my bag, and then, whoops, it can be a bit embarrassing if I accidentally drop it on the bus.
      Especially if you leave the safety catch off, and the next thing you know, you've blown your foot off - I'm always doing that.

Comment

Working...
      X