The weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather

I used to live in a 16th century (terraced) cottage a few years ago. It looked great, but it was an utter nightmare to live in. Nothing worked and the place was just made of holes. You could see daylight around the frame of the front door and you could feel the wind blowing through the living room (with all the doors and windows shut) while you were watching telly in the living room.

I remember sitting there one evening with the heater on, wearing 4 layers of fleeces, a woolly hat and my parka with the hood up and I was still fucking cold! Give me good old mid-20th-century council houses any day.

Oh yeah - that cottage was cool in the summer ...but that was the only time it was the right temperature at all.

Comment

The weather

An AC unit in northern England...you really have money to burn Bill. Next time just give it to me, I'll do something a bit less stupid and a bit kinder to our planet planet with it

I went out hiking the last two evenings, on thursday the wind was quite cold but yesterday was a superb summer evening. Shame about the midges (yes, they do exist in the Peak District and they do bite the buggers...).

Anyhow, there is a northern blocking at the moment, it prevents any plume forming from the south and those are the kind of events that bring heat to the UK. The big irony is that the last few months have had perfect winter synoptics...

Comment

Working...
      X