Clear All

The "let's sack off work and go to t'pub" thread

It'll be local to somewhere, I suppose.

Comment

No one likes a smartarse.

Comment

Too true. The chairman of Bradford Park Avenue just this minute told me to fuck off and go back to Mars to make some new friends. And then did one of those smiley things sticking its tongue out. All because I correct the spelling and grammar of every post he makes on the BPA forum.

Comment

So you're a web editor, too?

Comment

Actually I could do a pint near holborn/tott ct rd later, I have to go try on some scooter helmsts first

Comment

In my new job, I'm actually supervising people for the first time. It's a pretty nice feeling to be able to be the one to tell people "It's a holiday eve, go ahead and leave at 3." So, yeah, I'm part of the machine now, but I fully endorse the sack off work early and go to the pub efforts here.

Break it down from within and all that, right?

Comment

Actually I could do a pint near holborn/tott ct rd later, I have to go try on some scooter helmsts first
                Rough area, is it?

Comment

No one likes a smartarse.

Frank Bough did.

I would willingly, and I mean willingly, forsake the unedifying environs of the prison-alike place where I ply my pitiful trade to bog off with a fictional illness and pop down the pub to imbibe myself into a happy funk. Need the cash, though. I do have the confidence to say 'fuck it, I'm saying in bed' and even have the means to put on a suitably weakened voice (the kind that sounds as if I'm suffering from some fairly ill/deadly condition - it actually sounds much more convincing if you lie on the bed while phoning in), but my wallet puts on a far more persuasive, strong tone, saying 'put money in me now, chubby'.

Comment

Working...
                  X