Has he been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has he been?

Did you all get what you wanted for Christmas?

Here's what me and Mrs of the Shed got each other.

Outstanding.

Comment

In our nearly 58 years on this planet, my brother and me have managed to avoid giving each other the same present ,despite having similar tastes in most things. The closest we came was in our teens, when I bought him a Manchester United home shirt and he brought me the away one. I'm meeting him later, we'll see if we can keep up the record.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
        In our nearly 58 years on this planet, my brother and me have managed to avoid giving each other the same present ,despite having similar tastes in most things. The closest we came was in our teens, when I bought him a Manchester United home shirt and he brought me the away one. I'm meeting him later, we'll see if we can keep up the record.
        Heh! My brother and I have regularly given each other the same thing. This year I gave him what Mr and Mrs of the Shed gave each other, fully expecting him to give me the same but it hasn't happened. I also gave him the latest Harry Pearson book (we didn't do Christmas last year) expecting the same in return but that didn't happen either. We have, however, exchanged London Transport moquette socks, also a hangover from last year. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
          Did you all get what you wanted for Christmas?

Here's what me and Mrs of the Shed got each other.

Who opened first?

Comment

We worked it out before today when we placed similar sized presents under the tree and quickly deduced what they were.

Comment

My Christmas and birthday present this year is going to be a Cowboy 4 ST. Irritatingly It hasn’t arrived yet, Even more irritatingly they keep sending me accessories one by one. So I get all excited when I read my package has been collected in Brussels, then a week later I receive a little side bit that I’d forgotten I ordered. Last week it was a case that allowed me to attach my phone, couple of weeks before that it was a rear carry rack.

Comment

We have opened all the presents apart from the ones to each other.

So far I have 3 more volumes of the Judge Dredd case files and a load of other stuff off my wishlist. So I'm doing well.

Comment

Different items to each other for another year, though close. He bought me Oasis live at Knebworth,as part of my present, which was on my maybes for him .I bought him Jo Nesbo's latest book, which he was going to buy for himself.

Comment

Tonka got a festive sweater!!

Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 25-12-2021, 17:12.

Comment

I got a cricket bat grip cone and a new track pump. Mrs. VT got a rice cooker and a heated clothes airer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                        Tonka got a festive sweater!!

Lovely! Happy Christmas Tonka!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Purple_Cow View Post
                          My Christmas and birthday present this year is going to be a Cowboy 4 ST. Irritatingly It hasn’t arrived yet, Even more irritatingly they keep sending me accessories one by one. So I get all excited when I read my package has been collected in Brussels, then a week later I receive a little side bit that I’d forgotten I ordered. Last week it was a case that allowed me to attach my phone, couple of weeks before that it was a rear carry rack.
                          Heh... I thought the '4' wasn't going to arrive until April.... My Christmas present to myself was a Cowboy 3... about a grand cheaper and it's here already!

Comment

I got a jigsaw puzzle of vintage bicycle posters/ads, a bottle of Suntory Toki (need some club soda to make highballs), and the book catalog for a hip hop photography exhibit that was at an LA museum that I never made it to before the pandemic.

Comment

Got 2 tix to Kraftwerk in June, if all goes well, and a ton of warm socks and stuff.

Comment

I got Kind of Blue and Moanin' on vinyl from the in-laws, and a load of hugs and kisses from the kids. And the wool slippers I ordered for myself came early, so a nice little birthday present, just what I wanted.

Comment

Under Milk Wood (book form) and booze. There might be a message there.

Comment

Mead is not good for the old balance.

Comment

A quality panettone, pyjama trousers, walking shorts, two donations and a Tour de France book.

There is never any overlap between Mrs. S’ and my gifts since we each bought the other chocolate coated scorched almonds about twenty years ago. Her gifts included two young buddleias, some knitting accessories and a couple of aesthetically pleasing storage containers.

Comment

From daughter, on the occasion that I'm talking about getting my kitchen re-done and she is getting early with the centrepiece for the walls.

Comment

A road atlas, a box of Maltesers and a bottle of sparkling Cloudy Bay.

Comment

Hmm. Seems my big present of a DVD box set is NTSC format not PAL so won't play on my DVD player or PS4. Anyone got any ideas for a workaround?

Comment

Buy a cheap multi region DVD player, they can be had for about £25. I had to buy one recently to play some USian DVDs I'd been meaning to watch for a while (and my previous compatible player had given up in the meantime).

Comment

Yes, I think that will be the option we have to go for. I've had a look on eBay already.

Mrs Thistle is really gloomy about it because it was her big surprise gift for me.

Comment

Merry Christmas Tonka, looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X