No announcement yet.

War in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the US isn't far behind Canada in raw numbers, but obviously a much smaller proportion of its population.

Comment

From what I've seen on the news tonight, Ukraine has apparently ordered all its citizens currently living in Russia to leave the country. These number some three million in all. I can only assume that this is an attempt to damage the Russian economy, as they would be unlikely to be at risk of physical harm if they stayed in Russia. I expect the vast majority will remain because they probably have a good reason for being in Russia in the first place, such as well-paid jobs or family ties.

Comment

The verb I've seen used is "urged" rather than "ordered"

Comment

By the way, am I the only one who always hears the thread title as 'Putain!' in the voice of Capitaine Laure Berthaud?

Comment

I see the Quebecois chips with gravy.

The proper pronunciation of the madman is something like "pootsin", I believe.
            Last edited by anton pulisov; 23-02-2022, 23:37.

Comment

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/1496534844960129026

Comment

Russia has posted a NOTAM covering Ukraine's eastern border (basically a warning to civilian aircraft not to fly there as there will be a hazar)

Zelensky addressed the nation a little while ago. The thread below has a summary.

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1496620289563709443?t=xFrER1HDGC4C2xxGoBekAA&s=19

Comment

Fuck

https://twitter.com/dalperovitch/status/1496677224241676288?s=21

Comment

Explosions reported in Kyiv and Kharkiv

Comment

Putin says he aims to “demilitarise and de-Nazify” Ukraine, which can only mean he wants it to be a puppet state (because how else could it satisfy Russia's definition of compliance with that demand?).

Comment

I'm dragging myself miserably off to work this morning. This is a bloody disaster.

Despite all the horrors and consequences of previous wars, men still want to dangle the their bollocks about. Utter cunts.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1496696867584987140

Comment

I feel a bit like Tommy Lee Jones at the end of No Country for Old Men.

Comment

Oh for fucks sake

Comment

Well the dog woke me up at 0400 and I haven't been able to get back to sleep since. What a crock of shit.

Comment

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck Putin that mass murdering fascist cunt. Give him some radioactive poison. Fuck Russia.

Comment

Putin apparently wants to "denazify" Ukraine. Ukraine being a country led by a democratically elected Jew. The best way to ensure Ukraine is free of Nazis is for you to stay the fuck out of it Vladimir.

Comment

This is fucking horrible. If I hear any Mick Wallace/Stop the War shite today I'm going to scream.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                        Putin apparently wants to "denazify" Ukraine. Ukraine being a country led by a democratically elected Jew. The best way to ensure Ukraine is free of Nazis is for you to stay the fuck out of it Vladimir.
                                        Just harking back to The Great Patriotic War to harden the collective Russian war boner.

Comment

Reports of tourists being bundled out of hotels in Kiev. I wonder if hotel owners are fearing reprisals if they are found "harbouring westerners", or if they're simply trying to encourage them to flee west while they still can.

Comment

The latter, this is turning into total war.

Comment

So, we "kicked Russia's backside before"

That would be 1856 would it?

I'm going off Ben Wallace

Comment

(As an aside is "Kyiv" now the accepted English spelling?)

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Amazingly there are still flights going into and out of Kyiv airport, including to / from Luton airport.

Edited to add: I think not actually. Ukraine has closed its airspace and Ryanair have said they're not serving the country for 14 days. The website obviously hasn't been updated.
                                                    Last edited by Paul S; 24-02-2022, 09:37.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X