Balm-impregnated tissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balm-impregnated tissues

I don't object to them in principle. Nothing's worse than rubbing the patch of skin under your nose red raw against abrasive low-grade tissues. And the menthol-scented, Vicks-like substance with which they are by some scientific miracle imbued gets straight to work in your nasal cavities, where stuffy blockages melt magically away. The problem is that it also wafts straight into your eyes, making you feel instantly like Malcolm MacDowell in the scene from A Clockwork Orange where he's having his eyelids pinned open. It's an unfortunate side-effect that the boffins at Kleenex would have done well to forsee.

Also, the prospect of using a tissue that has been 'impregnated' with anything makes me faintly queasy.

Balm-impregnated tissues

I don't like the Vicks scented ones. I use the lotion and aloe ones.

Good job there aren't any sperm impregnated tissues, eh?

Comment

Balm-impregnated tissues

Wait till you use them as toilet paper by mistake.

Comment

Balm-impregnated tissues

Good job there aren't any sperm impregnated tissues, eh?
        Well, not initially, no.

Comment

Balm-impregnated tissues

This is reminding me of trips to my well-off-but-tightfisted grandma, where a trip to the khazi was rewarded with this:

Ouch!!

Comment

Balm-impregnated tissues

I'm with you there, Stumpy. Can I amend my initial post? Nothing's worse than rubbing the patch of skin under your arse red raw against abrasive low-grade tissues.

Comment

Working...
            X