Burns Nacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burns Nacht

wtf is going on in the Netherlands people?

Spontaneous demonstrations against continual perceived violations of civil rights issues due to lockdowns, or arseholes taking to the streets?

Our Dutch correspondent writes https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...62#post2408062

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      wtf is going on in the Netherlands people?

Spontaneous demonstrations against continual perceived violations of civil rights issues due to lockdowns, or arseholes taking to the streets?
      Arseholes taking to the streets, disguised as demonstrators against perceived violations of civil rights issues. Nothing screams "my civil rights are being violated" quite like helping yourself to some loot from an Apple store*.

It may have been a miscalculation by the Dutch government to impose a curfew at this point, while the number of daily cases is dropping. But the government is shitting bricks over new variants of the virus, and frankly I cannot oversee whether or not that's justified. But others decide to riot.

It's all very depressing. Also, these are the worst riots this country has seen in my lifetime, which mostly illustrates how little experience we have with riots at all.

*they also broke into supermarkets, where they went straight for the beer. At least they had some priorities straight.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        Thanks.

("Wasn't convinced it was a Covid thing, hence the new thread)

Comment

Working...
        X