Food thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food thread

We have a cooking thread but not a food/ dining out thread.

what better than this tweet to serve as a starter
    https://twitter.com/bagelofdeath/status/1348398966073937923?s=21

The lovely people at Love Kimchi (who actually live 5 mins from me...) are delivering again in our area.... delighted!

Comment

Aunt Dai goes immediately on the list for my next visit, but where is the French language menu?

Comment

And the classic Korean combination of Kimchi and Chips (which looks great, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Aunt Dai goes immediately on the list for my next visit, but where is the French language menu?
          Je ne sais pas.

That kimchi looks great, MS

Comment

No comments on the French

http://auntdai.com/?page_id=22

Dommage

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              And the classic Korean combination of Kimchi and Chips (which looks great, of course)
              It's northern England man, we need our chips...

They do a good spread that lot, local lad and Korean lady. I could go through a pot of their kimchi a day...

Comment

I signed up to a local(ish) cheese shop's Cheese Club subscription, where they give you four pieces of cheese, plus some kind of biscuit and some kind of jam.

It's pretty brave of me, because I generally am not a fan of sheep cheeses or blue cheeses, and have trouble with stinky soft washed-rind cheeses, so I'll be eating lots of things that I'm reticent about. Hopefully I can finally train myself to like them, or at least find the ones that I do like;

I've decided to ration our January's cheeses taking one at a time. Yesterday I was totally out of my wheelhouse with something called Brebirousse D'Argental, an orange rind super soft sheep cheese. The first bite was a mistake, as I took a bit of rind which was a bit like shoving the dirty socks of a teenage rugby team up your nose. The second bite, though, on the sweet oatcakes they gave us and with no rind, was like a really good butter and delicious.

Comment

We've covered Ethiopian food on here recently but we had a take away from Habesha in Manchester on Saturday, the left overs of which - including the injera which heats up perfectly - we had for lunch today. I wouldn't have it very regularly as the veggie option (or rather the 4 which are served together) is somewhat limited but for me there's nothing beats it.

Comment

Menú del día in my local bar:

Comment

Comment

These, from Cédric Grolet, were fantastic.

Comment

Sporting's menu run through google translate seems to involve a lot of noodles, seafood and pig cheeks.Is it Cantonese? I suddenly feel like ordering a chow mein tonight.
                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 11-06-2022, 12:35.

Comment

Very much not, but it is excellent value

Comment

Indeed it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                These, from Cédric Grolet, were fantastic.
                                The one on the left looks truly scrumptious. I’ll do sit-ups
                                tomorrow.

Comment

I preferred the cherry one on the right. The tart case was a liquorice pastry that worked really well with the cherry filling.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    What are they?

Comment

Packaging predominantly, it would seem

Comment

They are a creamy mousse with a fruit filling in a thin chocolate shell. The cherry one is technically a tart, on a liquorice pastry shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                          Menú del día in my local bar:

Cor. I'll have one of everything, cheers.

Comment

Then you'd pay 63 euros. And explode.

Comment

There's a place in Preston that (bravely, really, given that even Pizza Hut, and the all-you-could-eat-before-passing out Chinese buffet in town closed down before Covid) has opened up with what seems to be a theme of "dishes from round the world" although they don't call it that. You can mix and match all sorts of stuff on a starter and main, or three starters as tapas basis, from souvlaki, chimichangas, fried whitebait, flame grilled wagu beef steak to chicken and noodle broth. I have to be honest it looks like precisely the menu I'd try out on the public if I ever opened a place, so I'll be interested to see how long it stays open.

Comment

It will rival your brutalist bus station as a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                  There's a place in Preston that (bravely, really, given that even Pizza Hut, and the all-you-could-eat-before-passing out Chinese buffet in town closed down before Covid) has opened up with what seems to be a theme of "dishes from round the world" although they don't call it that. You can mix and match all sorts of stuff on a starter and main, or three starters as tapas basis, from souvlaki, chimichangas, fried whitebait, flame grilled wagu beef steak to chicken and noodle broth. I have to be honest it looks like precisely the menu I'd try out on the public if I ever opened a place, so I'll be interested to see how long it stays open.
                                                  I'm always suspicious such "eclectic" places just have a large freezer compartment and a big fryer.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X