No announcement yet.

The WFH Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bloke next door but one is on furlough. He's also a bit of a handyman. He spent an hour today making or fixing God knows what but which involved him hammering something repetitively for over an hour.

I'm in a Teams meeting, in the hottest room in the house,on the hottest day of the year and with the windows closed. I think I'm pretty tolerant but another day like that and I'll be having words.

Comment

Thought I'd try the combined brains of OTF for this, as I didn't find a positive result on Googling. Does anyone know if it's possible (and if so how) to change the icons for reactions on zoom, or for annotating in screen-sharing (or being able to paste in a picture as an annotation while screen-sharing)?

Comment

Bands don't play no more - Specials earworm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53925917

City centres to become ghost towns if offices are not reopened

Comment

We aren't allowed to use Zoom for work, Saureus, so I'm afraid I can't help. Not that I imagine I'd be able to anyway, but I have an excuse.

We're now not going back to the office this side of krismas, which is good. I am pretty sure I'm not going back to anything like full-time in the office ever.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
            Thought I'd try the combined brains of OTF for this, as I didn't find a positive result on Googling. Does anyone know if it's possible (and if so how) to change the icons for reactions on zoom, or for annotating in screen-sharing (or being able to paste in a picture as an annotation while screen-sharing)?
            Never heard or seen the icons changing. It would be good though. The two crappy ones they have are rubbish.

Does Google jam board do what you want regarding the other need? https://jamboard.google.com/

Comment

Why do I need to sign in to that link? That's one thing I hate about Google, that it makes you sign in to a whole bunch of stuff that there isn't any good reason for having to sign in to.

Comment

Because it is the download link.

Here is the description page
                https://edu.google.com/products/jamb...al_active=none

Comment

Ah, excellent. Thanks, that does look pretty reasonable.

Comment

Looks like the voluntary phase is ending soon for me and a degree of attendance will be required although still tilted in favour of wfh...

Comment

So...the Telegraph says the government is going to sack everyone who doesn't go to their office to work, no matter what their employer thinks. Or something.

They can all get to fuck.

Comment

Boris Johnson can go and fuck himself if he thinks I'm dragging myself in to sit in the office for no apparent reason than the off chance I might buy a sandwich from our shop. I've never bought a sandwich at work in the eight years I've been there so I ain't starting now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          Boris Johnson can go and fuck himself
                          Could have left it there, tee bee aitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                            Boris Johnson can go and fuck himself if he thinks I'm dragging myself in to sit in the office for no apparent reason than the off chance I might buy a sandwich from our shop. I've never bought a sandwich at work in the eight years I've been there so I ain't starting now.
                            Shhh, don't tell anyone that, they might get the idea to ban people from bringing their own lunch.

Comment

Working...
                            X