No announcement yet.

Poll - COVID-19 Mask-Wearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my neighbourhood slightly more than half the people are still wearing masks outside. I haven't spent a lot of time in other buildings, but have noticed 2 people not wearing masks at the nearby Rite Aid in the 2 trips I've made in the past week, or about 10% of the customers (all employees were masked). I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow, so will see if anyone there is maskless (nobody has been so far).
    My work is a whole other story (not that I'm physically going in), as there doesn't appear to be anyone who wears a mask there any more.

Comment

I would say that it is close to 55-45 here now. Not yet 60 percent. Masks still required in shops and on transport and I have yet to encounter anyone trying to evade that.

Comment

Virtually 100% on public transport and in shops, though some people, mainly pensioners, persist with their nose sticking out.

Comment

Tell us where to send these. We have loads.

Comment

You're talking about pensioners, without being ageist anything that requires them to make the slightest change to the way they have lived their life for the past 70 years, is usually met by either a blank stare, or a reply of "Jaysus, that's ridiculous ".

Comment

I've been in the dentists a couple of times in the past two weeks and now even the reception desk staff have their masks under-nose a lot of the time. Medical facilities and public transport are the only two places masks are still required (the bike shop I went to yesterday requested it, but that's by owner choice rather than state-mandate), and in both of these standards (and masks) are dropping.

Elguapo's comment kind of matches the one in the story about New Age crowd in Southern California: these are people to whom nobody has ever said no in recent memory, and they don't know what to do with it. I suspect it's probably generally true across the 35 to 80 year age range, and even more so in the narrower baby boomer range.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                You're talking about pensioners, without being ageist anything that requires them to make the slightest change to the way they have lived their life for the past 70 years, is usually met by either a blank stare, or a reply of "Jaysus, that's ridiculous ".
                The bigTesco here always has at least two or three gammon bastards well under pension age defiantly not wearing a mask or under their nose. Also groups of teenagers just daring someone to say something as they waste their Friday evening in fuckin Tesco. No enforcement by store security.

For some reason the local SuperValu is even worse, and half the staff are wearing those fuckin worse than useless visors. Store security usually sporting the mask under nose look.

Not to mention of course the take the whole family shopping expeditions, where none of the shouty wee bairns are masked.

Comment

I must admit that the only place where I make my own shouty wee bairns wear masks is in taxis, on trains or on the tube (all of which have been very rare occurrences in the last 18 months). We mostly get online deliveries, but I do pop into the local shop with them on the way back from school sometimes and don't make them wear masks then.

Comment

Our kids basically haven't been indoors anywhere except home, school, and a couple of self-catering holiday places since March last year. It's really odd to think about that.

Comment

We're now officially getting conflicting advice.

The CDC insists its ok for vaccinated people not to wear a mask.

The WHO says otherwise and a number of experts apparently agree.

Sigh.

Comment

Wouldn't do for the CDC to start not underestimating this pandemic now, would it.

Comment

Beginning today mask wearing ceased to be obligatory in BC, both inside and out.

Comment

Working...
                          X