No announcement yet.

Lolz nicked off teh interweb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The laughter is definitely with him, and, like Frankie Howard, he was as 'out' as you could be in a time when gay relationships were illegal.

Kenneth Williams diaries are well worth reading, very sad. There were so many parts of his life that he was disappointed and angry about.

Comment

Comment

Read Joe Orton's diaries; Kenneth Williams was gay, but never openly out. That might've changed when his father died.

Comment

https://twitter.com/fjamie013/status/1666478500130201600

Comment

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/desdelboy/status/1667911674790125568?t=kjygzhcO2ALmypUC9FM5vQ&s=19

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's hard to know whether that's satire or not considering the existence of this:

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        I seem to be missing the where am I? thread.

https://goo.gl/maps/KMKUP37hfRw73C5S9

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                            It's hard to know whether that's satire or not considering the existence of this:

That picture kind of reminds of that scene in Colin from Accounts when the creepy boyfriend of Ashley's mum is showing Ashley how his camera works.

Comment

https://twitter.com/wynaliu/status/1668312315119140890

Comment

My favourite reply proposed the creation of a new sci-fi series called Professor Whom.

Comment

People think Lingo's a knock-off of Wordle but it's the other way round - this is from 1987:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      The laughter is definitely with him, and, like Frankie Howard, he was as 'out' as you could be in a time when gay relationships were illegal.

Kenneth Williams diaries are well worth reading, very sad. There were so many parts of his life that he was disappointed and angry about.
                                      there are chunks of those shows written in polari, making it the gayest show ever broadcast. As you point out, Kenneth Williams may not have been officially out, but the theatre has always been theatre.

Balders, i loved those films because i was a big kenneth williams/sid james fan, but i'm aftaid that all they're good for is for demonstrating to your kids that the past was a very different country and they do things very differently there. (And also why they'll be putting a statue of barbara windsor on the fourth plinth in the next five years after the mail/express campaign)

I think it would be good to show kids that whatever is happening in society around them now might seem permanent, but actually society's deeply held beliefs about things shift massively, over relatively short periods of times.

And then you can follow it up with some 80's john hughes films to teach your daughter that some boys can be deeply weird and creepy, and unacceptable behaviour is always unacceptable behaviour, no matter how temporarily fashionable it is.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                I'm probably alone in not getting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I'm probably alone in not getting this.
                                                  If you write 1/2 in a cell in excel, it will auto "correct" to a date. It seems to autocorrect pretty much everything to a date in fact (and assumes you write dates in the American order, to boot)

Comment

Hence this majestic venn diagram incel-excel.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                    X