X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lessons in messaging lay out

Comment

That's beyond shocking, really.

I mean, imagine not knowing where to use an apostrophe.

Comment

Does this go here?

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1639318278190383133?s=20

It's nice to feel there is still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Lessons in messaging lay out
          One of those 'are you an optimist or a pessimist' tests.

Comment

The Armstrong and Miller weatherman sketch made me laugh out loud in places:

armstrong and miller weather man sketch - YouTube

Comment

Comment

Comment

Storks have a nemesis

Comment

Comment

Clearly they forgot about blackberries and redcurrants

Comment

White currants
                        oranges...limes...

Comment

lemons

Comment

Red apples....green apples...I mean, there must be tons.

Comment

Comment

Also greengages

Comment

Red apples - the name of the fruit here is 'apple'. The red is a descriptor of the particular apple.

Lemon, Lime, Orange - could be colours named after fruits, rather than fruits named after colours. Would need to know the etymology here (I suspect orange is colour first, the others fruit first)

Blackberries, redcurrants and greengages - definitely counts

Blueberries are properly called Bilberries anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post

Different species I think. If you mean the bilberries that are also called winberries.

Comment

Also blackcurrants.

Comment

Red apples - the name of the fruit here is 'apple'. The red is a descriptor of the particular apple.
                                        Yeah...I was just doing a bit.

Comment

No, they look and taste quite different. Blueberries are larger, even the wild varieties, than bilberries and grow in low-lying flat pastoral land. Bilberries OTOH grow on moorland. They're smaller and darker than blueberries, with a sharper flavour. My Dad, who grew up in the Peak District and ate bilberries regularly, was deeply disappointed in blueberries when he came to Canada as he expected them to be fatter bilberries but found them really bland.

Comment

I thought that was just the factory farming aspects - wild fruit is often smaller and tastes stronger than the pumped up with extra water supermarket ready variants. But OK, having looked it up it seems they are very closely related plants but not the same one.

Comment

Lemon and lime aren't colours.

Comment

Unless you work in the dressmaking industry during the early 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

No, they look and taste quite different. Blueberries are larger, even the wild varieties, than bilberries and grow in low-lying flat pastoral land. Bilberries OTOH grow on moorland. They're smaller and darker than blueberries, with a sharper flavour. My Dad, who grew up in the Peak District and ate bilberries regularly, was deeply disappointed in blueberries when he came to Canada as he expected them to be fatter bilberries but found them really bland.
                                                  Yeah, one of my childhood memories is going bilberry picking with my Dad on Otley Chevin near Leeds (pretty steep and high, unfarmed, terrain).

Comment

We used to pick them on Muncaster Fell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X