Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Maxwell obtain sexual gratification from her role or was she in it for Epstein's approval and/or money?

Comment

Is she subject to mandatory minimums?

Comment

https://twitter.com/raza_hussain01/status/1476318914414010370?t=tB_t1A69YJRi5sw46j9ffw&s=19

I wonder what Rachel Johnson thinks now.

Comment

Bringing shame on her father’s good name…

Comment

What are her options now? Maxwell I mean, is some kind of plea bargain possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Brown View Post
              Bringing shame on her father’s good name…
              Stanley the sex pest or Captain Bob the mossad agent and fraudster?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                Is she subject to mandatory minimums?
                I'm not sure (this is a very complicated area of law, with very fine distinctions), but all five convictions are subject to the sentencing guidelines, with the cumulative maximum being well over 50 years (judges often don't sentence first time criminals to the maximum and may choose to have sentences run concurrently rather than consecutively.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Stanley the sex pest or Captain Bob the mossad agent and fraudster?
                  I only knew about the slippery-decked latter…who’s the former? Not BoJo’s handsy old man? My Debrett’s needs updating.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                    What are her options now? Maxwell I mean, is some kind of plea bargain possible?
                    She will undoubtedly appeal the convictions.

She is still to be tried on two perjury counts and could conceivably plead guilty to those while providing information as to other crimes that the prosecution would find valuable. That would get her a lesser sentence on the perjury counts and perhaps a recommendation that the judge here sentence her to the lower end of the range set by the guidelines.

But even that lower range is close to her expected life span, and she resolutely resisted any such deals before now (something that the prosecutors will definitely hold against her in any future plea negotiations).

She is also significantly less valuable as a witness following the convictions than she would have been had she reached a plea deal on these charges, as those convictions and the evidence underlying them are manna to any defence lawyer trying to discredit her testimony and motives.
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 29-12-2021, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      But even that lower range is close to her expected life span, and she resolutely resisted any such deals before now (something that the prosecutors will definitely hold against her in any future plea negotiations).

She is also significantly less valuable as a witness following the convictions than she would have been had she reached a plea deal on these charges, as those convictions and the evidence underlying them are manna to any defence lawyer trying to discredit her testimony and motives.
                      This seems to have been stunningly stupid or arrogant on her part. Surely her attorneys would have advised her of all this before the trial?

Comment

Well, yes.

Though it is perfectly possible that she shopped around for lawyers until she found some who would tell her what she wanted to hear.

It is also the case that the crimes that she has now been convicted of were also "stunningly stupid and arrogant".

Comment

Well, yes.

Though it is perfectly possible that she shopped around for lawyers until she found some who would tell her what she wanted to hear.

It is also the case that the crimes that she has now been convicted of were also "stunningly stupid and arrogant".
                          I'd go for arrogant and despicable myself.

Comment

Arrogance appears to be her defining characteristic

Comment

Arrogance appears to be her defining characteristic
                              I bet even now she doesn’t think she’s done anything wrong.

Comment

Does anyone know why the BBC just had alan Dershowitz on as an expert on the Maxwell case? I mean it's not like it didn't become immediately clear what his actual role was

Comment

All I want for next Christmas is that cunt in jail.

Comment

I only knew about the slippery-decked latter…who’s the former? Not BoJo’s handsy old man?
                                    Indeed it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                      Try and narrow that down a bit...

Comment

The Dersh for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                          Does anyone know why the BBC just had alan Dershowitz on as an expert on the Maxwell case? I mean it's not like it didn't become immediately clear what his actual role was
                                          Firsthand perspective? Did he mention that he’s kept his underpants on at all times for the last 20 years?

Comment

More on that BBC interview

https://twitter.com/LouisStaples/status/1476322258410954752?s=20

Comment

Firsthand perspective? Did he mention that he’s kept his underpants on at all times for the last 20 years?
                                              looks at name of poster. thinks about joke, decides against it....

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                That would be a great day for America.

Comment

Someone is probably sweating over a pizza now.

Comment

Found out today there are people who make it their mission to stick up for Prince Andrew on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X