X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a former Chief Prosecutor

https://twitter.com/nazirafzal/status/1142564761663676426

Comment

I've only just spotted the comic contradiction on that Mail horror show of a spread. They're both mocking the "Guardianistas" for living in an expensive, glamorous 720k flat in Camberwell - how on earth do we let anti-Johnson people earn so much money? - and, at the same time lauding Johnson for being so "edgy" and "boho" and "urban" that he deigns to stay at his girlfriend's flat in Camberwell.

Comment

You really can't accuse of them of a lack of commitment to their master's causes

Comment

https://twitter.com/RespectIsVital/status/1142568206118391810?s=19

Comment

I've not bought a newspaper for over 20 years. It hasn't helped.

Comment

Interesting that the dynamics of the campaign means that even Hunt supporters like the likes of Liam Fox are now starting to take apart the biggest no deal bollocks from Johnson, (whilst at the same time advocating it in order not to lose any votes).

Hard to know who will be worse. Hunt or Johnson.

Johnson is a lazy amoral fucker. Hunt is a corrupt and devious shit.

Comment

Other neighbours corroborating the account of the ones who called the police.

Comment

I'm surprised at the legs this story has got.

I'm sure the guy who went to The Guardian has learned a valuable lesson in how journalism works, and is maybe regretting breaking the story, or at least expanding on it.

Fair enough call the police if you think someone is in danger, and maybe, maybe leak it anonymously to a journo and let them follow it up, but after that keep your mouth shut and deny everything.

Comment

Maybe if he had stayed anonymous, the others would not have come forward, several of them non-anonymously, either, though?

If you own a 720k flat in South London you're in the enviable position of knowing that newspapers probably can't ruin your livelihood.

Comment

The timing of this is extraordinary.

It's almost like Johnson knew he couldn't not stand, but didn't want to be the PM that has to sort Brexit out, but the PM that sorts the mess out afterwards.

Not to mention lending supporters to Hunt, so that his mate Gove didn't have to do it. But he did owe Gove one, after Gove took them both out of the race last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Why... why... why do people keep electing members of this everlasting clique? I didn't understand it when I was eighteen and, quite honestly, I still don't. Do crumbs from the table of their "betters," still taste good to those who eagerly swallow them? How can so many people be so deluded, year after year?
                        This quote from one of the comments articulates my feelings perfectly : "Somehow I get the feeling that this article perfectly reflects the resentment(s) of the petite bourgeoisie vis a vis the grande bourgeoisie. Mr. Kuper doesn’t really dislike elites. He just thinks Mr. Johnson is the wrong kind and his is the right kind."

Comment

I hope that someone responded "Yeah yeah, alright, leave it out Jacob."

Comment

So now it's emerging that Carrie Symonds is one of John Worboys' rape victims. Much handwringing and blaming of the leftwing busybodies next door and on social media for "traumatising" her and making her feel "unsafe".

The danger to her health and mental wellbeing is the man she lives with. He, and of course to a greater extent Worboys, are to blame, not those looking out for her. Johnson ignored her screams telling him to leave her home, hardly supportive.

Comment

Jeezus

Telegraph piece from 2009

Comment

https://twitter.com/MartinDowds1/status/1143205379393933312

Comment

I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

Max Hastings gives his opinion.

Comment

he kept employing him though.

astonishing realisation from journalists who have suddenly realised the man they worked with for 10 years was a liar and a morally bankrupt cheat.

Comment

It's bizarre that we're living in a world where we take Max Hastings seriously. But it is fun to watch these abhorrent people mauling each other.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        It's bizarre that we're living in a world where we take Max Hastings seriously. But it is fun to watch these abhorrent people mauling each other.
                                        He does write rather good history books, however - just finished his latest on the Vietnam War.

Comment

The British MSM is unfit for purpose.
                                          The "MSM" is how you found out about the story.

Comment

Kuennsberg inverviews Johnson.

Mentions of the Steve Bannon thing: zero.

The BBC huh.

Comment

@E10/GC: He's using MSM as a lazy shorthand for 'anything published/ broadcast that I disagree with'. See also gerrymandering, cricket match-fixing etc

Didn't the story break because Fatima from Denmark Hill called the Law, while a couple of her neighbors naively allowed themselves to become the story. Unless I'm missing something it's hardly a coup for investigative journalism

Comment

No, but they used the reach and authority of mainstream media to disseminate the story. Not all important journalism has to be 'investigative'.

Comment

And today Boris didn't deny that the widely circulated picture of the two of them making up was actually taken a few weeks ago. I haven't heard the details yet, but apparently he managed to turn an interview with Iain Dale of all people into a car crash.

Comment

This one?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X