X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjm View Post
    It doesn't help with your football query, but this is an interesting read about Preston;
    Thanks for that

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    There are one or two nice and interesting old pubs still in Preston. EIM will want to cover his ears but there's a Wetherspoons in an old bank that is nice as a meeting place, at the other end of Fishergate (the main shopping street) from the train station, closer to the old town square, church and our fantastic brutalist bus station. What sort of time on that Friday did you have in mind?

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    It doesn't help with your football query, but this is an interesting read about Preston;

In a new series looking at how to make the economy work for everyone, Guardian columnist Aditya Chakrabortty finds out how Preston turned its fortunes around by spending locally

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Yeah, neither of those options sound really great. I assume the binary choice is something of an exaggeration.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    There used to be the football museum at Deepdale, but they moved it to Manchester. I'd definitely be up for a micro-thon - if city centre on a Friday, do you prefer pubs that are out and out rough as arseholes, or places that have cleaned the carpet in the last ten years and are full of tottering girls in dresses and high heels?
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 12-03-2019, 16:03.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    started a topic Then, Preston, so...

Then, Preston, so...

Think of this as the reverse Rogin thread.

Anyway, I'll be spending 24 hours in Preston at the beginning of April. Much of my time is already taken with a conference at UCLAN, but I might be able to wangle a few hours the evening before. PNE are playing Sheffield Utd, but that's when I'll be at the conference, so even if I wanted to go to that I couldn't. I feel like there must be something football related to do in Preston, even if it isn't attending a match. Anything else? (Also, if you fancy a pint Rogin, or anyone else in the OTFers-not-far-from-Preston grouping, on the evening of Friday April 5th, let me know)
Working...
X