Lon-done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lon-done

What is it with everyone moving at the minute? Why is everyone upping and leaving for grass is always greener climes?

Anyway, whatever it is, I'm just ironing out the remaining creases on my departure from our fair capital city.

London, I reckon, would be an ace place to live if I had money. But as i don't, and as it's got to the stage where I can't even afford to sit around and do fuck all, I've decided to offskis.

The gf is staying put, however, which mixes a large dose of problems in to the cake batter of life. But she's understanding of itchy feet and says I should get it out of my system. Which is fair.

Lon-done

Where will you go?

Comment

Lon-done

I'm off back up North. Probably Manchester, but if not somewhere in the surrounding environ.

I've got my FC United season ticket to abuse, you see.

Comment

Lon-done

When are you going? Is table football forever to remain an unrealised dream?

Comment

Lon-done

Not for a few weeks yet.

I'm not leaving until I have a job sorted. So knowing me, 2009 some time.

Comment

Lon-done

The west country is where it's at.

It's all Apple Perry and mass parties.

Comment

Lon-done

Fuck mass parties. I'm going through a stage of wanting to sit in and read. And be left well alone.

The only bad bad bad thing about this move is that I probably wont be able to take the cat.

Comment

Lon-done

You should come to America, the land that used to be the land of opportunity.

Comment

Lon-done

What is it with everyone moving at the minute? Why is everyone upping and leaving for grass is always greener climes?
                  Boris?

The only bad bad bad thing about this move is that I probably wont be able to take the cat.
                  Oh don't. I'm devastated that I have to leave Hobbes behind. I get upset if I go away for a week. I don't know if I'll be able to cope.

Comment

Lon-done

A total thread-diversion, but...

When I was 'up north' - exploring for the first time - the other week, one place that surprised me with its prettiness was Glossop. I think I was only surprised because it's got such an ugly name! It implies post-industrial decay and stuff to me. As it is, it's actually rather nice, as mid-sized towns go. It's also really well positioned: you're within easy striking range of Manchester, Sheffield, The Peaks and, of course, the M6. I did get the feeling that maybe it was past its most bustling heyday. But it seemed clean, well-kept and ...just pretty.

So - someone tell me now that it's got high house prices, high crime rates, it's where all disease comes from and it's due to be completely demolished next week!

Anyway, it just seemed like it would be a half-decent place to relocate to, that's all.

Comment

Lon-done

No you are right, it is very nice. (my friend is from there).

Comment

Lon-done

It's probably asylum seeker bastards stealing all their jobs, stabbing them up and shagging their women. It's all loony leftie Ken's fault, anyway. That Boris'll sort it all out and they'll come crawling back, begging to be let into Utopia.

Comment

Lon-done

Is there going to be a leaving do then, where we all buy you beers and keep pointing out that its grim up north etc...

Comment

Lon-done

Fucking right there is.

Comment

Lon-done

Woohoo. When are you off?

Comment

Lon-done

Dunno for definite. I'm having a chat with some folk this week sometime, so I'll flag it up on here when I know for certain.

Comment

Lon-done

What the fucking fuck is going on with names?

Sorry you're going, but I think it's the right thing to do. Hope things get better, being up there.

Comment

Lon-done

Ossett Town
                                    Guiseley
                                    Bradford Park Avenue

If you decide to take a trip to West Yorkshire to watch these games with FCUM (and Huddersfield are at home) let me know and I'll come and buy you a pint after the match.

Comment

Lon-done

I know i do not know the full details of your situation, but upping sticks and going up North leaving your girlfriend behind cos you are having employment issues does not seem like the actions of a considerate boyfriend.

If you really value this lady, i would stay put and find work.

Comment

Lon-done

Glossop has some pretty nice pubs, I really like the Star Inn just outside the train station, proper boozer that with a good choice of ales. Otherwise, I regularly go there for a hike, 20 min walk on "Doctor's Gate" path and you have left urban life behind, heading up towards the the Pennine Way at its highest point in the Peak District surrounded by the hills and some lovely scenery. Hopefully, I'm off to do precisely that friday afternoon!

Very good train service as well to/from Manchester.

Comment

Lon-done

Did TG really just recommend someone not to go and whore themselves about?

Hells Bells.

Comment

Lon-done

I know i do not know the full details of your situation,
                                            Correct.

Comment

Lon-done

Aha! There you are, Sparky. Thought you could hide behind some silly name, did ya?

Bad dog.

Comment

Lon-done

There's always New Zealand. It's prettier and cheaper than London.

Comment

Lon-done

Where isn't?

FF - This has to stop.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X