No announcement yet.

Murdoch scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to remember that an awful lot of us don't have access to the television programme Succession, and therefore haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about. And we do care about what's happening in real life with Murdoch's legacy.

Comment

That is exactly I posted it here first.

I haven't watched a second of the show.

Comment

Perhaps people are over-thinking this. Carlson decided he was bigger than the network and the network owner and couldn't be touched. He was wrong. I hope I'm right in thinking he'll go the same way as Bill O'Reilly. Down.

Comment

This would be amazingly stupid from a liability perspective, but very on brand nonetheless

https://twitter.com/goangelo/status/1651022229633654784?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            You have to remember that an awful lot of us have daily access to the postings of TonTon, and haven't got a fucking clue what he's talking about.
            Adjusted to kind of make some form of a point. I dunno.

Comment

I still can't work out if this is good natured banter or a slightly unpleasant attempt to wound. If the latter I'm very impressed by the way TonTon always plays it with a straight bat

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_cw6nl8A1q4

Comment

I'm not sure about changing someone else's post without striking through the original text to ensure people realise that's what's happened, especially if the newly-created "banter" refers to a third poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    You have to remember that an awful lot of us don't have access to the television programme Succession, and therefore haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about. And we do care about what's happening in real life with Murdoch's legacy.
                    Have you watched the Murdoch 3 part documentary on I Player?

Well worth a watch.

Comment

This is a few days old, and was recorded (but not, as one on-screen captioned photo makes clear, edited and released) before Carlson's sacking, but I very much enjoyed it as an explainer to the layperson of why Dominion settled rather than taking it to trial and why Fox won't be looking forward to the Smartmatic case.

Comment

Speaking of Smartmatic, the producer who is suing Fox and Carlson related yesterday that she has tapes of 90 meetings and conversations that sge considers relevant and that Smartmatic has subpoenaed her so as to get access to same.
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 26-04-2023, 12:52.

Comment

Typo there, collective.

Comment

Probably because of the case that Trump is facing.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              This would be amazingly stupid from a liability perspective, but very on brand nonetheless

https://twitter.com/goangelo/status/1651022229633654784?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow
                              Fascists eventually turn on each other so, in preparation for that day, store the ammunition required for that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                Typo there, collective.
                                You would think that I would know how to spell subpoena . . .

Comment

Plural of subpoenis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                    This is a few days old, and was recorded (but not, as one on-screen captioned photo makes clear, edited and released) before Carlson's sacking, but I very much enjoyed it as an explainer to the layperson of why Dominion settled rather than taking it to trial and why Fox won't be looking forward to the Smartmatic case.

I don't know if he's right or not, but he's very convincing, and suitably cagey. I'm sure there are some here able to cast a more informed eye on what he actually says. I first came across him in a video that was basically just how many laws did maverick break in top gun, with a naval prosecutor, and well.... it may have been a great recruitment tool for the american armed forces, but it was fundamentally misleading about what military life actually was like. Maverick commits capital crimes, And he doesn't wear a motorcycle helmet, which is frowned on in california.

Comment

https://twitter.com/cynicalzoomer/status/1651361966424748038?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I don't know if he's right or not, but he's very convincing, and suitably cagey. I'm sure there are some here able to cast a more informed eye on what he actually says. I first came across him in a video that was basically just how many laws did maverick break in top gun, with a naval prosecutor, and well.... it may have been a great recruitment tool for the american armed forces, but it was fundamentally misleading about what military life actually was like. Maverick commits capital crimes, And he doesn't wear a motorcycle helmet, which is frowned on in california.
                                        Top Gun is not set in this universe.

Comment

The same Libs who allowed Carlson to broadcast a propaganda week for fascist Hungary.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Top Gun is not set in this universe.
                                            Yes, that was also their conclusion! Maverick broke every rule other than the one about not smoking in the fuel stores, and not just doing a viktor belenko

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Belenko

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Yes, that was also their conclusion! Maverick broke every rule other than the one about not smoking in the fuel stores, and not just doing a viktor belenko
                                              [/URL]
                                              I can't see how anything he did was a capitol crime, but I may be forgetting something.

Comment

Endangering military equipment in a time of war I think was one of them. (Obviously execution is for the more extreme end of things)

Comment

Harry Windsor speaks]

https://twitter.com/BrianCathcart/status/1650925927428153349?s=20

Comment

Carlson seems to have been fired because of his use of the word "cunt", both in a text about a Fox executive and to create a misogynistic environment in his office, resulting in two lawsuits. Joan Walsh wrote in 2019 that he had said to her colleague that she was a cunt. Then there's audio of a radio show in 2006-09 containing such pleasantries as how he'd like to watch two 14 year old girls have sex.

It should also be noted that he was losing advertisers over his racist rants about immigrants, Kamala Harris, etc.

I don't buy that his persona was an acting performance. His hatred for powerful women and black men is real, as is his antisemitism (the same Christian fascism as the Florida GOP).
                                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 28-04-2023, 09:05.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X