3 items to save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 items to save

OK - you've 5 minutes before your house is burnt down/flooded and you can only take three items. We'll assume all people and pets have escaped and to avoid over-repetition they have the laptop and mobile phones. My three:

1. A pocket radio - Wherever you go, you'll need to listen to news and music.

2. A book - I would go insane if I was aware with no books to hand, so I'd need a big volume like the Collected Works of Oscar Wilde or similar to last me a few days.

3. My framed autographed photo of Roy Keane - One of my first cousins worked with his sister.

3 items to save

Passport, pendrive, library books.

Comment

3 items to save

Guns, drugs, dildos.

Comment

3 items to save

I have several out-of-print books in the study from the 1950s and 1960s that are probably irreplaceable - most of the rest of my books I could find again (at a cost) on abebooks.com and similar, so would rely on insurance for them, but like I said there are five or six I'd make sure made it out with me if I could, as I've got a feeling I might own some of the few remaining copies in the world. That bag of books would be of my items.

My children's drawings, paintings etc that are pinned up on the noticeboard (also in the study). Assuming the external hard drive had made it out, that has all our photos on it, but obviously couldn't replace their artwork from when they were 4, etc.

My passport, and all the paperwork for our wedding. That's in the study too.

So basically, in the event of a fire it seems I'm madly throwing everything in our study out the window before scrambling out after it.

Comment

3 items to save

Daughter, son, [strike]complete series of Tales From The Gold Monkey[/strike] wife.

Comment

3 items to save

A good knife. A radio. My favourite mug for tea.

Comment

3 items to save

Family photos, my glasses and wallet/ID.

I was actually in a fire once. I'd just bought my first ever proper stereo. When I heard somebody yelling "fire" I managed to pull out the wires and and take the electronics with me. I can't tell you how bad I felt when I later learned a woman had been trapped in the building and died.

Comment

3 items to save

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
                Daughter, son, [strike]complete series of Tales From The Gold Monkey[/strike] wife.
                How about reading glasses so you can stick to the rules of the original post?

Comment

3 items to save

Tigger.

Ted.

Thomas the tank Engine blanket.

Comment

3 items to save

Think I'd leave the whole lot to burn, including the phone and laptop, and start a new life somewhere else. possessions own you, not the other way round.

Comment

3 items to save

A drawing of my father as a boy by my grandfather,

A piece of my grandmother's embroidery.

A sweatshirt with a painting of a cat on it by AdeC jr when he was four years old.

Comment

3 items to save

I'd probably burn there trying to decide which pieces to take.

Comment

Working...
                        X