No announcement yet.

So, wikileaks, then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH, I'm not even sure what to think of him or wiki leaks anymore. Seriously, I've totally lost the plot. Are they heroes of the people or Russian stooges? I've no clue.

Comment

well that's the problem when an organization is based in large part around one really obviously damaged person.

Comment

The writers of that article are doctors. I'm guessing there's a less than overwhelming legal obligation to let Assange out for hospital and back without arrest.

Comment

Are they heroes of the people or Russian stooges?
          Neither. I know even mainstream discourse finds it hard to put humans into anything other than the above two categories these days, but they're clearly a structurally flawed, somewhat naive organisation who did some brave and important things at one point but who let their leader develop a personality cult around himself, which allowed them to become apologists for all sorts of things, including rape accusations. But they're not the only organisation to have done that.

Comment

^that

Comment

They can be comfortably filed under Putin stooges now.

Comment

There is no "they". It's just Assange. Everyone else who worked with him on Wikileaks original intention left years ago.

Comment

He's bound to have a couple of hangers on. He's not the most mobile at the moment.

Comment

Are you calling Nigel Farage a winnet?

The hangers-on aren't the traditional hacker/publish Wikileak types. Just indoctrinated cult members who scan Twitter for negative mentions and engage and block.
                    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 25-01-2018, 20:05.

Comment

My feeling - and I may be wrong - is that Assange and whatever or whoever is involved in Wikileaks - revealed some stuff that the public deserved to know. But that he/they aren’t necessarily good people, nor are they a good source for analysis or wisdom.

Comment

Anything they say about the law is almost certainly wrong.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-warrant-valid

Julian Assange will continue to face arrest if he leaves the Ecuadorian embassy after a judge ruled that the arrest warrant against the WikiLeaks founder was still valid.

Comment

Top legal scholar puts the judge right.

Craig Murray‏Verified account
                            @CraigMurrayOrg
                            Follow Follow @CraigMurrayOrg
                            I have grown tired of the polite fictions of British society where we pretend Justice Arbuthnot is in any sense acting independently of government and particularly the security services. I saw the inside of the system. #Assange #Wikileaks

Comment

https://twitter.com/CraigMurrayOrg/status/960920549965860865

Comment

Fuckin Craig Brown. Even more tediousness that pawky old Mr Cautious Scotland Manager Craig Brown. Imagine how alarming the SNP intelligence on him was if he failed the vetting process that Natalie McGarry, the car salesmen smoothie in Coatbridge and Michelle Thompson sailed through.
                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 06-02-2018, 19:39.

Comment

Murray. He is nuts though.

Comment

Haha fuck sake I keep doing that. I really don’t like Craig Brown in Private Eye either.

Comment

So, was Murray always several sandwiches short of a picnic, or did that happen he left the diplomatic corps?

His Samarkand book is a good read.

Comment

Thanks for embedding, Levin.

I will learn, I promise.

Comment

Murray didn't really get the point of diplomatic service, did he?

I mean, fuck, they want me to tell lies?

Comment

I agree with Mr Ursus on Craig Murray's Samarkand book. It's great. My feeling is that the publicity he got from the book pushed him into being bonkers, and believing that he was always uncovering dirty dark misdeeds.

Comment

I'd rather read Craig Brown the football manager.

I liked him. School teacher, wasn't he?

Comment

The Craig Brown era looks a bit like a golden Age of Scottish football these days. Remember when we used to qualify for tournaments?

Weird how Assange's procivilty for borderline sex seems to be the issue many prominent lefties decided to fight to the death over.

Only for him to start tweeting 'Sean Hannity.'

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  So, was Murray always several sandwiches short of a picnic, or did that happen he left the diplomatic corps?

His Samarkand book is a good read.
                                                  I have a friend who worked in his office - said he was extremely bright but prone to occasional episodes of 'random' behaviour. I also have a friend who went on a jolly boys outing to Tashkent (he was working in Mazar-e-Sharif, which sort of explains the context). They ended up in a strip club one afternoon, and the barman asked where they were from. My mate said he was from the UK and the barman said that he'd just missed the British Ambassador having his regular lunchtime pint.

Comment

Assange's warrant aint going anywhere. The judge gets properly stuck in.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X