The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Maybe legalising marijuana DOES have a downside.

On Tuesday Coloradans elected a new virulently anti-gay state legislator and exorcist who among his other accomplishments once, purportedly, performed an exorcism on President Obama - which apparently didn't work. But Gordon Klingenschmitt also argues that one of the potential cures for homosexuality is spanking

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Andy Townsends Tactics Truck wrote: I don't know about that...

Too many cooks - 1980's & 90's TV sitcom hell on a loop

Push through to four and a half minutes, that's when it gets really weird...it's just, I don't even, fucking hell, the internet has much to answer for.
      It's a masterpiece.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I don't get it. Well I get that it's a parody of US sitcom opening credits, but it just goes on too long and becomes terribly boring. I had to skip forward to the promised 4 minute mark after about 45 seconds, because I'd already lost patience, and even then it was just ...meh.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I didn't think it was good enough to be "meh". I regret the loss of those 10 minutes of my life.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I was going to start a thread about it. I don't know, maybe it's an American thing or a specific time of humor that Adult Swim often does. I think it's life-changing, one of the most original works of comedy in years.

25 years ago, it would be a short film that you might read about and get a chance to find it on VHS or see it at a short film festival. Now, it's a genuine viral video and something profoundly fucked-up has found a mainstream audience. The world is a really different place.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Incandenza wrote: I was going to start a thread about it. I don't know, maybe it's an American thing or a specific time of humor that Adult Swim often does. I think it's life-changing, one of the most original works of comedy in years.

25 years ago, it would be a short film that you might read about and get a chance to find it on VHS or see it at a short film festival. Now, it's a genuine viral video and something profoundly fucked-up has found a mainstream audience. The world is a really different place.
              I think you may be right that it's an American thing. I didn't find it to be either original or particularly fucked-up. And it is way too long.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The length is a product of the programming slot that it was made for.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Well, I'm not American...

I don't think it's an American thing, it's just a thing. I found it interesting, certainly never seen anything like it.

I watched it at four in the morning, just before I went to bed, and my dreams weren't half vivid.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

British Immigration judges are certainly different

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"Air Martial"???

This guy has access to levels of the military normal humans don't even know exist!

Oh, grand. He's a prolific writer.

Michael's ground-breaking, 700 page intelligence text "Spyhunter: The Secret History of German Intelligence" was published in England by June Press on April 14th 2014. It is expected to feature on a number of intelligence syllabuses. Pirated copies were circulated widely in a number of intelligence agencies prior to publication.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hahaha. 'Mein Mampf' is brilliant. I'd like to show that article to everyone who still labours under the disillusion that Germans don't have a sense of humour.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That's amazing. I'd suggest something similar for those Britain First / EDL dickheads, but I can't see how much money we'd get for them being kettled in a car park outside Wetherspoons.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I particularly like the it about greyhounds and leather.

I can't help feeling that the neo-nazi's commemorating Hess are particularly stupid, because the man himself was apparently took being a man of action over thought to extremes.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

US Fraternities Bring their Special Form of Sadism to the UK

A DKE-AS meeting on 4 March 2014 discussed "Feminists" as a full agenda item; the other two agenda items were "Matters from the eBoard" and "Any other business." According to the minutes, during discussion of the "Feminists" agenda item, a member of the fraternity suggested organising a game of paintball between DKE-AS and FemSoc [the student feminist society] to "calm the waters." When the ex-president vetoed the proposal, the proposer responded: "How are we going to rape them?"

A second member then said: "Let's go to Montenegro, for a raping trip."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

If only there was an OMG thread.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30136392

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Kitty Litter causes nuclear explosion.

In February, a drum of radioactive waste exploded at U.S.'s only underground nuclear waste repository. The Santa Fe New Mexican has released a bombshell report on the comedy of errors, which seems to have all started with a typo specifying the wrong type of kitty litter. Yup.

The Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in Carlsbad, New Mexico is now shut down, awaiting a $500 million recovery plan that could take years. WIPP is made of up salt caverns, which are supposed to safety entomb barrels of radioactive waste for thousands of years. The barrels contain gloves, equipment, and other waste products contaminated by nuclear weapons research, and they're often packed with kitty litter to absorb extra liquids before being sealed, hopefully for eons.

Waste Drum 68660, the one that burst, was packed at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), the Manhattan Project site that is 300 miles north in New Mexico. According to the New Mexican, the LANL and its contractors made a number of missteps, including using an organic wheat-based kitty litter instead of a clay-base inorganic kitty litter. Thanks to that switcheroo, the drum ultimately contained the ingredients of a bomb. On February, the drum blasted open. Temperatures rose to 1600 F in WIPP's underground cavern, and 20 workers were exposed to low levels of radiation.

Officials tell the New Mexican the exact conditions of the explosion have not been recreated in a lab. But the organic kitty litter has been under suspicion because it can release heat as it decomposes. Waste Drum 68660 also contained nitrate salts, trace metals from a glove, and acid neutralizer to deal with its high acidity, which altogether provided the other components needed for an explosion.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Real Madrid removes cros s from their badge for sponsor.

One of the flagship items announced at the event was a brand-new National Bank of Abu Dhabi credit card that doubles as a Real Madrid membership card. Images of this new product have now surfaced, revealing that it features an edited version of the regular 'Los Blancos' badge, with the cross - a Christian symbol - above the crown removed so as to avoid causing offence or discomfort among Muslim customers.

As Florentino put it a couple of months ago, "I know that the local people experience every match in a special way and that our links with the UAE are constantly growing stronger. This agreement will help the club to keep conquering the hearts of followers in the United Arab Emirates". And from the looks of things, the club is willing to compromise on aspects of its identity in pursuit of these new fans.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Last night there was a crescent moon, and I found it quite offensive and culturally inappropriate for the sky to be making such a gesture.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This is so good I wanted to start a new thread just for it, but I thought it was probably covered by this one, so here we are.

Unruly pig flies first class

There’s no way to know if hell has frozen over, but it’s official — pigs can fly.

An embarrassed US Airways is promising it will never again allow barnyard animals onto its flights after a 300-pound hog accompanied 200 human passengers on a six-hour flight from Philadelphia to Seattle on Oct. 17.

“We can confirm that the pig traveled, and we can confirm that it will never happen again,” US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said. “Let me stress that. It will never happen again.”

Sources familiar with the incident told the Philadelphia Daily News for Friday’s editions that the pig’s owners convinced the airline that the animal was a “therapeutic companion pet,” like a guide dog for the blind.
                                            Somehow, the story gets better from that point.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It almost happened again on Monday.

The pig was ordered off a U.S. Airways plane at Bradley International Airport in Connecticut on Wednesday after crewmembers determined the animal had become disruptive, Laura Masvidal, a spokeswoman for U.S. Airways parent American Airlines, said Friday.

The pig had been brought aboard the flight by a passenger as an emotional support animal, Masvidal said. She said both the pig and its owner left the aircraft before it took off. She had no other details and did not immediately know where the flight was headed.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Tempura Cannon

No, really.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That first flying pig story above is just too good. Every time I think about it, another comic angle crops up. I mean, it pretty much outdoes all the stuff Borat did in his film. And the scope for terrible pun based humour is almost limitless.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It really is, isn't it. I must have read it ten times since one of my mates put it on Facebook earlier, and on each occasion it's had me absolutely hooting with laughter.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X