The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Thanks ad. Something nice to wake up to.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Just days after suddenly announcing the closure of their counselling courses,the University of East Anglia find a way of making more friends on campus.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Since I'm not a young girl I'm horrendously out of touch with trends. Thus, when - as part of my work - I had to catalogue this two year old article, the second paragraph gave me a "jesus fucking christ, dude!!!" moment like little else recently.

I know it's totally after-the-fact, but I feel I have to share that piece, as some kind of 'public service anouncement'.

So... did any of you actually buy one of those for your offspring, or did unwitting Grandparents perhaps buy one for them?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

evilC wrote: Since I'm not a young girl I'm horrendously out of touch with trends. Thus, when - as part of my work - I had to catalogue this two year old article, the second paragraph gave me a "jesus fucking christ, dude!!!" moment like little else recently.
          The relevant German watchdog already encouraged parents to destroy these things.

Anyway, whilst we're on the subject of wtf.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Totally WTF is that Sean Fitzpatrick's trial has collapsed in Dublin principally because the main investigator shredded working papers.
            Fitzpatrick was the head honcho of Anglo Irish bank that collapsed in 2008 and basically brought the entire economy down
            It has taken 9 years to arrive at a court case that has now been thrown out as the investigation has been deemed 'flawed'..
            This is absolutely mind boggling and flags how pathetic Irish crime prosecution is when it comes to white collar crime and corporate enforcement.
            Bear in mind that the ponzi scheme run by Bernie Madoff collapsed about the same time as Anglo and Madoff has been in jail since 2009 (serving a sentence of a million years before parole)
            http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/judge-directs-jury-to-acquit-se%C3%A1n-fitzpatrick-on-all-charges-1.3094470
            As the Trump would say 'sad'.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

People in blackface wearing African clothing and carrying bananas marched in a government-backed weekend parade in Sochi, a city that will host one of Cameroon’s matches at the Confederations Cup.

A photograph on the city government’s official website showed two people in blackface at Saturday’s parade. One was wearing an afro-style wig and bananas on a string, while the other was wearing a Cameroon jersey and a headdress while holding a drum.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Russia is not known for its racial sensitivity.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

loose cannon wrote: Totally WTF is that Sean Fitzpatrick's trial has collapsed in Dublin principally because the main investigator shredded working papers.
                  Fitzpatrick was the head honcho of Anglo Irish bank that collapsed in 2008 and basically brought the entire economy down
                  It has taken 9 years to arrive at a court case that has now been thrown out as the investigation has been deemed 'flawed'..
                  This is absolutely mind boggling and flags how pathetic Irish crime prosecution is when it comes to white collar crime and corporate enforcement.
                  Bear in mind that the ponzi scheme run by Bernie Madoff collapsed about the same time as Anglo and Madoff has been in jail since 2009 (serving a sentence of a million years before parole)
                  http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/judge-directs-jury-to-acquit-se%C3%A1n-fitzpatrick-on-all-charges-1.3094470
                  As the Trump would say 'sad'.
                  The difference between the professionalism (and they are the model other countries followed for paralyzing assets of folk who you can't necessarily prove enough to send to chokey) of the Irish Criminal Assets Bureau and the Corporate Enforcement shitheels is striking. I guess less poachers come gamekeepers are let loose in the CAB. Doubt you'd even get to be on the reception there if you were even distantly related to a Westie, the Monk or the like.

I'd also imagine more money is thrown at an agency which captures scoombags in the main, rather than one who might just be freezing assets and arresting substantial donors to (at the very least) the two cheeks of the same arse FF/FG bastards that will rule us forever.

Comment

Comment

Begorrah.

Comment

Runnin' around, robbin' banks all whacked off of Scooby Snacks...

Comment

Trump supporters take on Shakespeare.

Comment

Kansas judge is a bastard.

Comment

Man goes out to celebrate not getting sent to prison, gets drunk, causes damage, ends up going to prison.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...after-13219320

Comment

That one's for the AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thread, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Where's Eddie Murphy, Denholm Elliott and Jamie Lee Curtis?

Comment

Comment

It's amazing; I thought his wife's batshit statement after the mistrial would be the most ill-considered thing I heard this week. But then this.

May they spend every last day of their denial-ridden lives as social outcasts.

Comment

I am totally surprised that he is married. I don't know why I thought otherwise.

Comment

Not so much "WTF" as "how cool is this?!" but....

Toronto Zoo names its new Capybaras

Comment

FUCK ING HELL

Comment

I forget that Tobes is a Rush fan.

Comment

Capybaras are brilliant. Before it closed, Buenos Aires Zoo had a whole herd/pack/gaggle/murder of the things which seemed to just roam around one corner of the zoo - clearly visible from the street, which is why we could see them - freely during the day. They'd eat the grass and stare at all the humans and the cars as they went past outside the fence. I was never entirely sure why they had them in the zoo, because they're native to this part of the world and you'll occasionally see them in some of the larger parks here as well (although they're obviously far more frequent once you get out of town). But yeah, they're really adorable creatures.

Anyway, to put a bit of a downer on the mood ... Japan's Vanilla Air has apologised after a wheelchair user was forced to crawl up a set of stairs to the plane.

Comment

Puff Dogs

Comment

Well, the NRA seems like a healthy, well-balanced community group for outdoors enthusiasts.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X