Compare your writing style to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... not actually sure to whom, but its a wee website, where you type or copy in some text and it gives you an author for comparison purposes.

I Write Like...

I am Stephenie Meyer (Twilight series, and cant spell her own first name) and I claim my slice of royalties! (Not having read her stuff, I suspect this isn't necessarily a good comparison - for her.)

I just copied the above passage into said website, and the author I then got is Cory Doctorow. (This could run and run)

According to the website, my last 'summer transfers' thread long post is reminiscent of James Joyce. Praise indeed.

Comment

I submitted two pieces. According to one response, I write like HP Lovecraft, the other, a semi-lightedhearted blog about Bob Dylan they compared to the prose stylings of Stephen King. I suspect this site may be a random generator.

Comment

Lewis Carroll for me.

Comment

First attempt - Chuck Palahniuk (who?)

Second attempt - Douglas Adams

Now, I went to the same school as Douglas Adams, so maybe it's something in the grammar text books they use.

Comment

Maybe, but it means that you also went to the same school as Noel Edmonds.

Comment

Yes, that explains my flowery shirts and tight jeans.

Comment

I apparently write like wingco.

Comment

Oh dear. Bram Stoker. Then Kipling, then Lovecraft. I think it has to just be random.

Comment

I pasted paragraph one of a bit of writing I'm working on at the moment and to my horror, it said I wrote like Dan Brown.

However, paragraph two was Edgar Allan Poe.

Comment

And now I got David Foster Wallace. I've never read any David Foster Wallace.

Comment

Blog post on Live Aid: David Foster Wallace (I'll take that)
                        Newspaper editorial: Arthur C. Clarke (!)
                        OTF post (on the Germany ethnic & queers thread): Dan Brown (!!!)
                        Latest two Facebook status updates: James Joyce (of course)

Comment

I don't think it's entirely random, I pasted a chunk of HP Lovecraft in and it came up with him. Though I then put in a different chunk and it said Henry Harrison.

Comment

I did this on my blog a few days ago and got Kurt Vonnegut. Though lots of my friends came away as the new David Foster Wallace. I think he's the default result if you put in too much text.

Comment

I typed in some Poe. He writes like H G Wells.

I copied in some H G Wells. He writes like H G Wells.

Comment

Hot Orange wrote:
                                Palahniuk wrote Fight Club.

I entered text from my blog and got David Foster Wallace, too.

A friend of mine entered some text in French (Gabrielle Roy, actually) and came out with "Nabokov".

Comment

Two pieces that read like Dan Brown - the shame.

Comment

I was impressed to be James Joyce especially as the passage contained the word "cunty". I am definitely going to read some of his stuff now.

My bit on Spain, however, made me the new Isaac Asimov.

Comment

Jackie Collins will be surprised to find that she writes like David Foster Wallace, I'll wager.

Having said that, I pasted "Hollywood Wives - The New Generation" rather than the classic "Hollywood Wives". As I haven't read the former maybe her writing style has changed somewhat in the meantime

Comment

Toto Gramsciddu wrote:
                                        Hot Orange wrote:
                                        I entered text from my blog and got David Foster Wallace, too.
                                        Your last blog was in 2009.

Do a lot of OTFers blog? The patrons of this board seem a literate lot.

Comment

Blimey, Arthur Conan Doyle apparently!

Stilted Victorian, in other words.

Comment

Random German article from Der Spiegel: Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

And here's some James Joyce (or somebody who writes just like James Joyce):

fdbhsdhnsgjfdfjm sfgjdfgmdfm,dgh, sdjsfgjsfgm dfgjmdfgmdfhmdghmdfgmfd. sdrhjsjfjg. sdhsdhsdfhjs dfgjsgnjfs sdhnsdfhn sdfhsd.a drhsdhjsdfgj sdfghjsrdjfghsdfgj . sdhsdhjsdhjkrtyk .rftjrjrjryjketyketyk? sdhsdhjsdjeywsrtjertymketyjertyj rjeertyketyktyktyk etyketyketyketyk wrtuj reytkety kerttj etyk etyk etyk. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Away Goals wrote:
                                                Your last blog was in 2009.
                                                Yeah, not that one. I have another one which I do for a newspaper which is considerably wordier.

I think a fair number here blog. Goldstone, who isn't around here nearly enough, is by some distance the most prolific.

Comment

David Foster Wallace...Put two of my Facebook "Notes", twice the same result.

No idea who he is, let's check...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X