Old year fuck off, new year bite me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I. What's the shittiest thing of this year, personal or not, your pick?

II. What shite do you fear might upset you the most come the new year?

I. My grandmother passing, and it creating a great wedge in the great unity I thought was between my mother and some of her siblings, because of their crap behaviour towards her.

II. England winning the World Cup

What is wrong with England winning the World Cup
    by the way??

1) My Nan becoming ill.
    2) The Tories winning the next election.

Comment

devon wrote:
      What is wrong with England winning the World Cup
      by the way??
      Are you serious!?

We’ve had 33 years of England being favourites to win the World Cup, after winning one which they cheated themselves into a win together with a blind ref not even Jesus would have wanted to cure, and now if they won in South Africa in that kind of way Greece won the EC, in the place where the England invented concentration camps, to hear them be favourites for 50 years again….

Comment

I am English,and i would like England to win the World Cup next year. England did not cheat their way in '66,where did you get that from.

Comment

They did cheat, by switching the venues of the semi-finals so that they played every match at the same ground.

Comment

devon wrote:
            I am English,and i would like England to win the World Cup next year. England did not cheat their way in '66,where did you get that from.
            I got it from all the times England went out on penalties in the quarter-finals, so them not doing so in 1966, it's obvious cheating was involved.

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
              devon wrote:
              I got it from all the times England went out on penalties in the quarter-finals, so them not doing so in 1966, it's obvious cheating was involved.
              That is just nonsense. Who do you want to win the World Cup next year,as i take it you are not English born. Your national team then,whoever they are.

Comment

Hur hur hur.

Comment

Andy C wrote:
                  They did cheat, by switching the venues of the semi-finals so that they played every match at the same ground.
                  Cheating is a bit strong, manipulation maybe. It could only have been done with FIFA's approval anyway. Venue changes are allowable now so the best supported teams get the larger venues. It's not perfect but it makes logistical sense.
                  As for the third goal it's still open to debate, unlike many incorrect refereeing decisions such as Mendes' goal against Man U. It's not like Hurst went out of his way to dupe officials in the way Henry and Maradona did, or like every cunt that takes a dive to try and win a penalty.
                  In the end, the fact is that England won the World cup, get over it.
                  We have.

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote:
                    In the end, the fact is that England won the World cup, get over it.
                    We have.
                    Ahahahahahahahahaha whooooooooo ahahahahahahahahahahahahah ha! Ha...... Ha....... Ahem

Comment

I thought that might get a reaction.

Comment

It could only have been done with FIFA's approval anyway.
                        Of course, FIFA's involvement always eradicates the possibility of anything underhand.

Comment

Sepp Blatter? Jack Warner? These people are football's moral guardians. I don't know how you have the temerity to suggest otherwise.

Comment

England's first goal was offside, England's third goal didn't go over the line and, as for their fourth, the match should have been stopped to remove the supporters on the pitch.

Comment

devon wrote:
                              devon wrote:
                              That is just nonsense. Who do you want to win the World Cup next year,as i take it you are not English born. Your national team then,whoever they are.
                              Croatian born in Sweden, so split among those two sides, who are not in it.

I'd actually like to see Serbia win it, think Spain will, with a good chance for Ivory Coast to mess up their plans.

Comment

Is the thread title supposed to be sung to the tune of 'Play up Pompey, Pompey play up'?

Comment

You'd like to see Serbia win it?

Blimey.

I mean, really? Blimey.

It's taken a few less years from the last Balkan conflict for you lot to stop hating each other than it's taken for the English and Scots to do so, then (1746 and counting). Although I must admit I wanted Scotland to win the 1978 World Cup, something (in reciprication) I know for a fact no Scot has ever said of England, ever, not in 1990 nor especially in 2002 when Brazil shirts were the fasting-selling items of all time on the day of the quarter-final in Galsgow and Edinburgh.

Anyway, shittest things of 2009, and shittest potential things of 2010:

1. Manchester United winning the Premier League
                                  2. Manchester United winning the Premier League

Comment

LOL at Rogin's selections (and seconded) and even bigger LOL at the Argyle fan ("Cornwall", surely?) falling to the trolls.

1. Failing to win lottery.

2. Failing to win lottery. Again.

Comment

As mentioned on here, a friend of mine dying of cancer was the low point of last year.

I can't see England winning the World Cup being on a par with that but between that and the Tories getting in (or a Tory-lite New Labour really) for next year's lowpoint (hopefully, I suppose)

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:

Blimey.

I mean, really? Blimey.
                                        Can't blame your hesitation. After all, us Croats are all Ustasja homophobic, woman hating calling in on homosexual members of message boards to be on UK Nazi lists cunts.
                                        Just because it's what we enjoy.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like Serbia to win, why would that be a big deal, beyond it being a great non-knowledge on your behalf?

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:

Blimey.

I mean, really? Blimey.
                                            Can't blame your hesitation. After all, us Croats are all Ustasja homophobic, woman hating calling in on homosexual members of message boards to be on UK Nazi lists cunts.
                                            Just because it's what we enjoy.
                                            Nah. Not all Croats.

Comment

Working...
                                            X