Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, let it snow, let it snow then ...

That was fun this morning!

Two and a half hours to travel the 25 miles from Chorley to Thornton for a meeting, and fifteen of those were motorway (which while slow, was still moving along at 40 mph or so). I'd have been quicker getting there Nordic Skiing across the fields.

Why DOES this country literally grind to a fucking halt whenever we get about 3 inches of snow? From what I've seen today it's all these pillocks with sporty rear-wheel drive cars and thin tyres, who don't realise that in slippy conditions it's less about doing 0-60 in 4 seconds than being able to start moving at all, without revving so wildly in the skid that you burn your fucking clutch out and are stranded entirely in the middle of the road.

Three inches, eh?

Comment

We scoff at your mere three inches.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2009/01/27/GA2009012701325.html?hpid=todays-paper

Comment

This is where my in-laws live, and where we're spending Xmas.

Comment

Is that a car or a small house under that snowdrift?

Comment

To be fair, though, WOM, she ain't driving to work that morning either, is she?

Comment

Not to be all quibbly, Gero, but that's not drift. That's actual fall. Three feet of it. Drifts can be six or seven feet high.

And no, she's not going anywhere soon. It's apparently a Jeep, which (or a Subaru) is de rigueur in those parts. Still, people will be out and about, as the roads generally get taken care of pretty fast.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be driving behind this guy:

Comment

Working...
                X