The Wing Commander's World Cup Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. . . can be found here. Pardon a few recycled jokes but mostly new material.

http://thequietus.com/articles/15486-world-cup-preview-wing-commander-football

Just so you know, I'm stealing 'notorious fangster'. Superb.

Comment

"Of course, thanks to Gordon “Stalin” Brown and political correctness, you cannot say anything these days, even though I just have."

Comment

It's a sort of Wingco Greatest Hits. Handy trick with Africa to get yourself out of writing four entries.

Comment

Given Balkan restiveness, it is, as ever, a debatable point as to whether their country will still exist by the time they have exited the tournament.
          I'm travelling to Croatia the day after the final ...

Comment

Reliably excellent, though the well/wall typo in the Mexico entry confused me for a while.

Comment

Cheers for the spot, Zutano - fixed.

Comment

Ok so I nearly spat my coffee out at the line about it being no more appropriate for South Korea to have hosted the World Cup than if they were to host Crufts.

I'd be lying to myself though if I tried to pretend that my laughter was anything other than at the Koreans' expense rather than at the xenophobia of the Wing Commander, and it's not a little discomfitting to imagine that Jemery Clarkson would almost certainly be laughing just as heartily as me at the same lines. Is it this perhaps that was the cause of whoever it was declaring themselves to be not a fan of Wingco's reports on another thread?

Comment

Working...
                X