Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst 'official' WC-related merchandising...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this in Sainsbo. Load of fucking shite.

Comment

That represents Paul Nuttalls, from the UKIPS, stabbing himself in the groin in anger at how much this country has been taken over by imaginary muslim ROOmanians

Comment

tee rex wrote: McDonald's (NZ) is tempting us with Argentina burgers (um, a beef pattie), Brazil burgers (same beef pattie but with a dollop of super spicy samba salsa sauce!!11!), France burgers etc. In a bad omen for Roy Hodgson's lads, England are relegated to the dessert menu:

The McD's menu in Japan looks more fun but I can't find a pic.
        I've got an Argentine friend who lives in NZ, and he was offended at that Argentina Burger - it contains 'zesty salsa', which is positively the last thing in the entire world that any Argentine would want to put in anything they were going to eat (as I've said before, Argentine food is good, but it's far from varied or adventurous).

Renarto wrote: I didn't mind the vuvuzelas, but then I like a lot of drone-ish music. Are they banning any sort of musical instruments and noisemakers from the stands?

Since the world's game is only of minor interest here in the insular USA, the only World Cup tie-in I've seen so far has been the usual "Bud Light: Cerveza Oficial de la Seleccion Mexicana" stuff.

Bud Light is pretty terrible beer, though (And it's not even Mexican!), so maybe that counts.
        Hahaha. If Budweiser has anything like the visibility in Mexico that it had when I was there in early 2009, they've spent a hell of a lot of money on absolutely zero publicity there.

Comment

Budweiser advertises very heavily in Mexico and to Mexican-Americans. (They advertise pretty heavily to us gringos, as well, of course.) Not sure how successful it is, but in my opinion if you're in Mexico and you order a Bud Light over a Bohemia, you are a bad person and you should feel bad.

Comment

Drinking it will make you feel bad...

Comment

I think this may win

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Drinking it will make you feel bad...
                That's true. It certainly won't get you drunk unless you down a twelve-pack or so.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: I think this may win
                  Oh my! I can see that being all the rage around Aldershot! :-(

Comment

Because of the badge the FA will have received some licensing money for those fucking gnomes as well.

Comment

Renarto wrote: Budweiser advertises very heavily in Mexico and to Mexican-Americans. (They advertise pretty heavily to us gringos, as well, of course.) Not sure how successful it is, but in my opinion if you're in Mexico and you order a Bud Light over a Bohemia, you are a bad person and you should feel bad.
                      Whenever I'm in Mexico, which is semi-regularly, I have Corona, which is more or less the national drink at this stage. Or Sol.

Budweiser is possibly the worst mass-market beer there is. Never had Bud Light.

Comment

evilÇon wrote:
                        Originally posted by imp
                        Except that FIFA has not only now banned vuvuzelas, but also any kind of spontaneous musical expression in Brazilian stadiums, which pretty much defeats the point of having a World Cup in Brazil at all (social issues and white elephant structures aside).
                        You what, Imp? I didn't know about that! Jesus! White cultural fucking supremacism gone (even more) mad!

Similarly...

Jair Womble wrote: Could've done with that four years ago thanks to those bloody vuvuzelas...
                        Yeah, these pesky black people, with their traditions that aren't the same as ours, eh?

-

-

That fellow is practising an ancient English martial art. How dare you mock him!

Comment

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote: Whenever I'm in Mexico, which is semi-regularly, I have Corona, which is more or less the national drink at this stage. Or Sol.

Budweiser is possibly the worst mass-market beer there is. Never had Bud Light.
                          Corona's good if it's very cold, with lime or lemon, on hot days. Same with Sol. But I urge you to try a Bohemia (lager or one of the dark versions) next time you're there. It's by far the best mass-produced Mexican beer, in my opinion.

Bud Light is an even waterier, less flavorful version of Budweiser. You're not missing out.

Comment

Comment

Ya beat me to it UA!

Costco has a case that includes 12 Modelos and 12 Negra Modelos - always pick up one once summer starts.

Comment

Negra Modela is good, too, (better than Corona, in my opinion) but I rank Bohemia higher.

Comment

I must try them next time I'm way down Mexico way.

In the meantime, €500 for a t-shirt that looks like someone vomited all over it, anyone?

https://twitter.com/thescore_ie/status/472688945621262336/photo/1

Comment

I think we've reached our nadir here folks, from the country that brought you Erasmus, Spinoza, Hemsterhuis and the extraordinary intellectual, cultural and artistic flourishing which was the Dutch golden age.

Kruidvat (the Dutch Superdrug) in association with Aquafresh, bring you the WK Kuif (world cup quiff):

What better way to show your support voor het Nederlands elftal than to bounce up and down with an inflatable splurge of toothpaste on your head. If you don't want to look like a dick, you can opt for wearing the inflatable orange turd on your head, as modeled by the bloke on the left.

Comment

Visiting my aunt in Holland in 2010 for the final alerted me that the Dutch love kitschy crap related to the world cup as much as anybody else.

Although the orange cakes were very tasty indeed.

Comment

I just dug up the old orange vuvuzela and orange trilby hat, and I am looking forward to annoying my German coworkers no end. Had considered buying 100 orange balloons and spreading them all over their offices, but decided against it.

Comment

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote: In the meantime, €500 for a t-shirt that looks like someone vomited all over it, anyone?

https://twitter.com/thescore_ie/status/472688945621262336/photo/1
                                          I seriously wouldn't pay anything for that, and if I found it in a drawer I'd cut it up for dusters.

But worn with the orange WK Kuif, we could be onto something.

Comment

In one of my local shops they have expensive World Cup olive oil. OK, the bottle is quite cute, but it's £10.

Comment

I bought Frosties a couple of days ago to get the free football-related hacky-sack type thing called a Rio Ball (and they were on special offer).

The packaging referred to the summer of footy and made no mention of any tournament at all. The top 10 football nations featured on the hacky-sacks include the non-World Cup participating Sweden (which was the ball I got).

I'd say that's a contender for most unofficial cash-in made by a corporate giant.

Comment

Anyone want to sign a petition? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                                X