World Cup Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Songs

Will there be official or semi-official team songs?

This is why the Geman team doesn't do those anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDEfaonoQvg&feature=share

It's also the reason why we lost that quarter final against Bulgaria.

Another offspring of that collaboration is the lesser known and arguably even more horrible United We'll Go..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcdbxm_village-people-united-we-ll-go_music

World Cup Songs

I tried to make this the official U.S. World Cup song in 2010 to no avail.

Comment

World Cup Songs

Would love for the US team to adopt this one, but I know that tax exile Lemmy detests football.

Comment

World Cup Songs

Lupe Fiasco named US Soccer Music Director ahead of USMNT's 2014 World Cup run

Um. OK.

Comment

World Cup Songs

This is the Austrian Football Association bravely ignoring the fact their team hasn't qualified:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQHRp5zGP8

Comment

World Cup Songs

As linked to on WSC Daily, here's a dreadful unofficial effort for the German team.

Comment

World Cup Songs

This one is the ultimate. Harald Schumacher is clutching a trumpet at one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPW48Y8mHUw

Comment

World Cup Songs

If there's ever been a worse "anthem" that the official FIFA 2014 one by Pitbull and J-Lo, I never want to hear it. I just listened to two thirds of it on YouTube. I couldn't finish it, it was so unbearably shit.

Comment

World Cup Songs

Wow, Pitbull was available? What a "get"!

Comment

World Cup Songs

It remains my duty at every World Cup to post this:

Tyskarna Fran Lund - 'Global Fussball OK'

Well, Sweden might not have qualified, but at least the rest of the world can join them in hoping that Ronaldo falls flat on his smug, eminently-slappable face and gets knocked out in the quarter-finals ...hopefully literally!

Comment

World Cup Songs

Finally Carol Decker's views on the Honduran national anthem are revealed to the world

Comment

World Cup Songs

Ha ha! And Chris de Burgh's on Germany's! At last!

France has the best anthem, in my opinion.

I also remember liking Uruguay's and Italy's, but they haven't stuck in my head like "La Marseillaise".

Comment

World Cup Songs

Good news for music lovers everywhere ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...-ceremony.html

The 'unspecified productions issues' being that they probably insisted on her singing live.

Who the fuck is Pitbull?

Comment

World Cup Songs

A few highlights from Pitbull's biography:
                            His mother kicked him out of the house at 16 after he became a drug dealer. This was just following in his fathers footsteps.

He chose his stage name because a Pitbull's is "too stupid to lose"

He got the highly prized job of doing the main song for Men in Black 3, the first time in the series that Will Smith didn't do the job.

In 2010 he took part in an advertising campaign for Kodak. The company almost collapsed a couple of years later.

Comment

World Cup Songs

Ah, the American dream.
                              The redemption of a drug dealer gone legit and shaking his jewellery onstage selling Budweiser to their children.

Comment

World Cup Songs

Stumpy Pepys wrote: As linked to on WSC Daily, here's a dreadful unofficial effort for the German team.
                                My German is weak, but that just says "Start. Germany shoots a goal!" Over and over and over. Or maybe it's "Staircase, Germany shits a door."

Comment

World Cup Songs

I just listened to two thirds of it on YouTube. I couldn't finish it, it was so unbearably shit.
                                  I'm amazed you even made it that far. They may continue to improve as a 'soccer nation', but the US remains clueless about things like this.

Pitbull. Jesus wept. Every single thing about that guy (even down to his stage name) is just so depressingly predictable.

Comment

World Cup Songs

Thisis just brilliant from usasoccerguy (heard on Talksport today).

Comment

World Cup Songs

My best mate, the composer of the Hand Of Pod theme tune, and his girlfriend have recorded their own reworking of 'Back Home', with updated lyrics to take into account the fact that England in 2014 are... well.

Comment

World Cup Songs

David Gray complaining that the Uruguayan anthem - or for that matter any piece of music ever - is 'boring' is quite something.

They should've got Chris De Burgh to do the land of his birth, though, instead of whoever that was who reviewed it instead.

Comment

World Cup Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rKP_RuYXw

Comment

Working...
                                          X