Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Watched Every Minute of Every Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or does the 32 team format mean that, for various reasons, you have to be more selective than you would have been in, say, 1978?

Simultaneous kick-offs would also mean that you had to tape one game and watch it later.

Nah. I had planned to (I think for '98 I managed it), but there were too many games that once I missed it, I never bothered watching them afterwards.

Comment

Missed USA v Ghana (watching They Might Be Giants) and Brazil v North Korea (at my photography course night out)

Other than that, I've seen every minute of the rest - admittedly some have been on a jerky ITV/BBC/TVCatchUp feed.

Edit: and yes, I did have two screens on the go for simultaneous games.

Comment

No. However, I think I watched parts of every game (including some of the 'live' repeats) when games were on at the same time.

(As Shoeshine, one online, one on the TV, although I did tape all the games I didnt watch live, but usually binned them without watching.)

*except when the BBC were too slovenly to show two games... So much for BBC3 and 4.

Comment

I watched 40 of the 64 games live, which is not bad since the games were on at 9.30pm, 12am and 4.30am.

Some of these I watched simultaneously.

Comment

Apart from simultaneous games (none of which I went back and watched), I think I missed about an hour in total, spread over about six games that I missed bits of.

Comment

Technicky Vizionar wrote:
              Apart from simultaneous games (none of which I went back and watched), I think I missed about an hour in total, spread over about six games that I missed bits of.
              An hour? It seemed you spent a lot longer bashing shit out your keyboard, calling me a racist. You lie.

Comment

My viewing was disjointed at best. I was in Mexico City for 3 weeks doing a language immersion program. Classes started at 9:30am CDT so I was able to watch the Round of 16 early games for 30 minutes, go to class, then see the last 20 minutes of the game, and then see more on rebroadcast. I saw most of the late games all the way through. The same was true for the 1/4 Final games. But the group games were very difficult. Luckily I have almost all of them on my DVR and have been watching since I returned. I'm up to Group C games of the last matchday, so only 8 more to go, which I will watch over the next couple days. This is not nearly as interesting as watching live or same-day-delay, but still way more interesting than anything else I might watch on TV.

Comment

Working...
                X