EEUU V Slovenia 18.6.2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way out of line. I think Nef is wrong, but don't be such a tool.

Comment

Incacakes wrote:
      Out of line there, Kev.
      Go support Mexico..

Comment

Unbelievable that the US only got one yellow card in that game, actually.

Comment

It's so easy to say "American Football" etc. etc.. That's very lazy.

Comment

Sure. Why didn't you just say that?

Comment

(they were more basketball moves I thought)

Comment

It was an less-than-smart comment. But no one agrees with him.

And again, I kowtow tou you over Bradley. He's moving from poor man's Reyna to straight-up Reyna. Hopefully he may be just plain Bradley.

Comment

I think by "American football tactics" he was referring to running, passing, and weaving around would-be tacklers. Right?

Comment

I think everyone on this board has been called a cunt more than once. You make a cuntish remark about a disallowed goal, expect to be called a cunt.

Comment

Royal Konkakaf Keng wrote:
                      It was an less-than-smart comment. But no one agrees with him.

And again, I kowtow tou you over Bradley. He's moving from poor man's Reyna to straight-up Reyna. Hopefully he may be just plain Bradley.
                      no Reyna would have played that ball square.

Comment

It wasn't a disallowed goal -the whistle had gone long before the ball crossed the line.

Comment

comment you disagree with does not equal cuntish comment.

Comment

So...

Michael Bradley was easily the US' best player the whole game. The US looked flat for 45+ minutes, and Bradley worked his ass off. His goal was absolutely deserved, and brilliantly taken really.

Donovan: you fucking beauty.

Onyewu: At fault for both goals, I think.

Torres, Findley: Disappointing. I don't expect to see either again this World Cup. (Torres, sadly, as I think he has the ability to complement Bradley very well)

Edu: Better.

Feilhaber: Why?

Gomez: Why not Buddle?

Slovenia: No walk-over for England.

Comment

Throwing in the American football comment whilst ignoring Donovan's straight-up Jozimar impression and Bradley's brilliance was obnoxious to say the least.

Comment

Etienne wrote:
                                comment you disagree with does not equal cuntish comment.
                                Agreed, a higher threshold of "cuntishness" would be good for everyone.

Comment

Nefertiti2 wrote:
                                  Unbelievable that the US only got one yellow card in that game, actually.
                                  I say, and the one they got was well deserved.

Comment

The question is where both goals stack up since 1990 (as we've only scored 17.)

My top 5 would have to be (no, we're not counting Andres Escobar or Jeff Agoos vs Portugal: )

5) Eric Wynalda vs Switzerland 1994. I stood behind the goal, and saw how that thing cork-screwed. One of the more incredible trajectories of a ball.

4) Brian McBride vs Portugal 2002. McBride's diving header that elicted a "NO MERCY" scream from the Univision announcer.

3) Michael Bradley vs Slovenia 2010. Great header and final touch.

2) Brian McBride vs Mexico 2002. Reyna's genius and great one-touch flick to set it up.

1) Donovan vs Slovenia 2010. We're simply not supposed to score insano golaços like this one.

Comment

Donovan's goal against Mexico in 2002 was something too. I'm not sure about it taking the place of your list though. Hard to argue with those choices, especially given a fairly limited amount of options.

Comment

Nefertiti2 wrote:
                                        It wasn't a disallowed goal -the whistle had gone long before the ball crossed the line.
                                        Not "well before" because the entire incident lasts seconds. Anyway, your customary snotty pedantry aside, the whistle blowing clearly had no impact on the actions of either set of players' before the ball was in the net.

Have you managed to track down any evidence of the US foul yet? Or are you going with what the ref appeared to make his decision on, ie a vague feeling something wasn't as it ought to be.

Does nobody else think Onyewu was very lucky to escape a red for holding the Slovenian attacker down when he otherwise looked through on goal?

Comment

Caltidore wrote:
                                          Donovan's goal reminded me of goals scored by THE HARD MAN from Roy of the Rovers. Impossible angle, goalie shitting his pants on the line.
                                          Love it. Let's hope it doesn't mean Landon Donovan is going to be kidnapped before the next match!

Comment

To Timmie: I honestly don't remember that incident, but he probably did, seeing as how he didn't manage much else all game.

nef's comments on here are like part of a game aren't they?

Let me try:
                                            -I was suprised to see Slovenia end the game with 12 players on the pitch.
                                            -The Slovenes/Slovenians sure played like they were hockey players, falling down all over the place when not grabbing and body checking the Americans.

Comment

The USA should've had some more cards, no doubt. Onyewu was certainly in danger of that. I felt that Jozy Altidore's holding could've been a red as well, as he was gone on that perfect through-pass.

Comment

Yeah, I was calling a red on that one too. Only thing that might have saved the defender is that Altidore was heading slightly away from goal.

It was a great game. I started off supporting Slovenia, but the US won me over by the end.

Comment

IXamLKelly wrote:
                                                  Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
                                                  Can Obama call the players and tell them to shut up?
                                                  Why?
                                                  a) They were on the verge of making fools of themselves

b) When in history has it ever happened that a ref, after the final whistle, stood on a fucking podium and exclaimed: Yeah, you're right! They could only have received one or two bookings over a battle they could never have won. It was one step from that Drogba bullshit outburst in the CL.

Does that explain it?

Comment

Renaardvark wrote:
                                                    Caltidore wrote:
                                                    Donovan's goal reminded me of goals scored by THE HARD MAN from Roy of the Rovers. Impossible angle, goalie shitting his pants on the line.
                                                    Love it. Let's hope it doesn't mean Landon Donovan is going to be kidnapped before the next match!
                                                    I'm impressed you've heard of it - we need to channel that spirit of Johnny Dexter! Fortunately, Coach Bradley kept his head - were Viktor Boskovic in charge, he'd have kicked the fourth official in the nuts.

US players - watch that you are not slipped a mickey in the next five days.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X