England vs. USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England vs. USA

I'm predicting a big win for the US. I dreamed last night that Landon Donovan nutmegged Rio Ferdinand and scored. And I don't mean poking the ball through his legs and going around; Donovan literally dribbled his way through, the top of his head passing efficiently just underneath Ferdinand's crotch. Given how impossible this would be in reality, when you take into account Rio's absence from the game, I took it as a good omen. We will do the impossible on Saturday.

1-2

England vs. USA

2-1 is not a big win, it's just a win.

I agree that the US will win, and 2-1 sounds about right.

Comment

England vs. USA

Any win is a big win.

Comment

England vs. USA

In that case "win" would still do.

Comment

England vs. USA

Look, do you want to write the thread? Be my guest.

Comment

England vs. USA

To be fair, Bruno's post could be read in the sense of "ooh that's a big win for Chelsea as it puts them top of the table" or such like, rather than referring to the margin of victory.

Anyway, the US aren't going to win. There are all sorts of teams that England will struggle against, but as far as I can tell the US play in a similar fashion to England, only not quite as well.

Comment

England vs. USA

Oh, I know they're not going to win, really. Nonetheless, I'm bravely predicting a big win.

And interpret "big win" however you like. It's an adjective, describing a noun.

Comment

England vs. USA

COME ON INGERLAND! I predict a 3-0 England wibn, goals from Platt, Lineker, and Steve Hodge.

Comment

England vs. USA

I've been saying for ages now that the US will beat England, draw Slovenia, and lose to Algeria. I'm not going to change now.

Comment

England vs. USA

It's been rumoured that the Algerian captain has sulked off home after being left out of the team for their first game.

Comment

England vs. USA

Bruno Sono wrote:
                      Oh, I know they're not going to win, really.
                      You're wrong there. The USA will put in a solid performance while England will be basically all over the shop. It'll be like Stoke vs Man City (not a specific match between those two as I have no idea how any such match has gone on, but sort of in theory - solid and effective team beats overpaid primadonnas who don't really work as a team)

Comment

England vs. USA

Anyone have any idea what the US team is likely to be?

Comment

England vs. USA

I reckon a draw. England are generally slow starters, (and usually not too quick during the rest of the tournament either...) and don't look on top form at the moment. USA aren't bad, and are generally able to raise their game against better teams.

Comment

England vs. USA

Very much hoping for an England win. But an opening game is often a tough one to negotiate or predict. I think England will be disappointed but not desperate if it is only a hard fought draw.

Comment

England vs. USA

I'm hoping, for the sake of some juicy headlines, that Landon Donovan scores the winner. Landon, see? Against England?

Comment

England vs. USA

3-1 England.

I don't think our English friends predicting a draw or a USA victory have seen the shambles that is our defense. What's more, it is seeming more and more likely that our starting forwards will be Edson Buddle and Robbie Findley, two players who have something like 10 caps between them.

Comment

England vs. USA

Bruno Sono wrote:
                                  I'm predicting a big win for the US. I dreamed last night that Landon Donovan nutmegged Rio Ferdinand and scored. And I don't mean poking the ball through his legs and going around; Donovan literally dribbled his way through, the top of his head passing efficiently just underneath Ferdinand's crotch. Given how impossible this would be in reality, when you take into account Rio's absence from the game, I took it as a good omen. We will do the impossible on Saturday.

1-2
                                  Don't be so silly (are you on drugs or something),England will dick the USA at least 3-0/4-0.

The USA are worse than Mexico,and England saw Mexico off in shoddy style at Wembley.

The USA will go through as runners up in the group,then get knocked out in the the second round.

Comment

England vs. USA

Tight England win. 1-0 or 2-1.

Comment

England vs. USA

Ladysmith Black Mumpozo wrote:
                                      I'm hoping, for the sake of some juicy headlines, that Landon Donovan scores the winner. Landon, see? Against England?
                                      You mean "Landon Hope & Glory?"

Comment

England vs. USA

Hmm, I don't think we're worse than Mexico.

Comment

England vs. USA

I'm sorta looking for Mexico to get tonked by Messrs. Bafana and Bafana.

Come on, greatest World Cup ever. pulls lever

Comment

England vs. USA

The Exploding Vole wrote:
                                            Anyone have any idea what the US team is likely to be?
                                            Who knows. There's the lineup and players that most US fans agree upon, but Bradley might have different ideas.

Comment

England vs. USA

The U.S. defense has looked pretty awful lately, so I think England will win, but I'm hoping for a draw, at least.

I like Bruno's dream, though.

Comment

England vs. USA

The US worse than Mexico....

As they say on the streets, so I hear...

"Is you high?"

Comment

England vs. USA

Anything better than a scrappy win for England would be a bonus.

I'm not sure that I can recally a non-scrappy England WC Final win, in fact. Denmark in 2002, perhaps. Poland in '86. A few in '82 to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X