Fantasy World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy World Cup

Nah, its because everyone goes for at least one marquee attacker, realises they are skint, and susses out Vidic only costs £6.5million.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Sean Dundee Utd FC are in. Or at least the autocompleted version are; I haven't got time to obsess over my actual selections just yet.....

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Deadly Submarine are in. Rather annoyingly IE kicked me out after clicking 'Submit Team' so I had to go back and do it all again.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Picked my squad. My subs are a bit shit - I hope I don't have to use them.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

I think that's the only way to go CTT, otherwise you have a whole squad of mediocre players.

Like Greece.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

I spent a bit of time trying to pick a side on Friday and got fed up. In previous WCs I had some idea of the decent players from the nations that don't often qualify for the WC. This year I've largely no idea. So, I picked the 'autocomplete' function to see what who I'd get. Now do I realise I don't know many players from the main teams.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Shoeshine Football wrote:
                Picked my squad. My subs are a bit shit - I hope I don't have to use them.
                Wow. I've just realised this is probably what Rafa Benitez said before every single game this season.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Dynamo Mince are in.

Now all I have to do is make 30 transfers before the kick off.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Devanci Fremduli are in.

As well as the scoring, you need to take very careful note of how your squad is used in this game:

At the start of each day (00:00 South African time) during the round, a substitution window opens. In this window you can:

* Replace any player that wasn't sent off with one from your bench who is yet to play.
                    * Change your captain, providing he wasn’t sent off, with someone whose team is yet to play.

On a matchday, the substitution window will close 15 minutes before the first kick-off.

An unlimited number of substitutions can be made but only eleven players with one captain can score points each round.

Here are some reasons you may choose to make substitutions:

* One of your players goes off injured after a few minutes
                    * Your captain wasn't selected to play in the round.
                    * You are a gambler and decide that one of your substitutes will score more points than someone who already played in the round

Things to note about substitutions

* If you remove a player who has scored points for your team, these points will be lost. The player cannot be brought back into your team until the next round.
                    * It is not possible to make substitutions after matches on the last day of the round.
                    * If a substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions will take place on your team that round.

Automatic substitutions

Once the data for all the matches in the round has been determined as final, automatic substitutions will be made providing no substitutions or captain changes have been made.

If any of your players play no part in the round, the computer will try to substitute the inactive player with the highest priority replacement from the same position who did play. If your captain does not play then the bonus will be lost, another player will not take over the captaincy in their place.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

That's interesting, thanks for flagging it up. Suggests that you want to have at least some decent options on the bench.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

There are plenty of good bargains out there, I think, providing that you know something about teams outside of Europe and the big South American teams.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

gah. guess who picked Lodeiro, and put him in the startign xi thinking i could sub him for one of my big guns if he didnt really do anything, just so long as he didn't get sent off...

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Yes, the threat of the red card is the drawback to the tactical approach. I gave Gourcuff a run out off the bench, think he'll not see much action from now on.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Get your transfers in, people!

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

All the people heeding your advice seem to have crashed the site, Inca.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Well, this is heading for a very tense finish. Looks like a two horse race between Statto on 597 and Otto on 593, though there are three teams in the 570s who might come through with an inspired captaincy choice or something. The only other player I think may have a chance is Bill Bones, back in 9th place. He scored 0 for the 3rd place match, so is clearly gambling everything on the final to give him the chance of a hugely impressive fantasy/twatball OTF double.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Enola_Gay, whoever that may be, pips Statto by one point to win the tournament. S/he would have been behind up until Iniesta, their team captain, scored.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Yay, as mainly a lurking reader, this is my first post to celebrate my insignificant victory.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

We need to confirm that you are in fact Enola_Gay - can you post the following information:
                                        Full name
                                        Address
                                        Bank Account Details (including PIN)
                                        Date of Birth
                                        Mother's Maiden name

After you do that we can officially award the prize. Welcome.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Aaaaargh!!! After all these years, I finally get the better of Otto Katz only to be bested out of nowhere at the line by a single point in 600 and odd!!

Drat and double drat!! Perhaps this is what they mean by Going Dutch...

Many congratulations and a big welcome, though, to Enola Gay. I hope you will join us for this season's Fantasy Premier League? After all, the player list is available later today...

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

Incidentally, although the Iniesta point is technically correct, I feel as if it was actually the sending off that did for me. I lost three points for Heitinga going, but even that would have kept me in first place. However, when Spain scored Heitinga, who was on a clean sheet when he went off, was nevertheless docked those points just as if he had been on the field. Which, of course, he wasn't. The guy that lost me the tournament was in the showers while it happened.

Comment

Fantasy World Cup

I will be competing in the Fantasy Premier League competition of course. I love all types of Fantasy football, except Australian Rules Dreamteam, which I'd like to add is designed horribly.

Yeah, I was extremely lucky, I mean for Heitinga to be sent off and of all people Iniesta to score.

Comment

Working...
                                              X