X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Cesc summed up the Russian strategy very well there

Comment

So, well done the plucky homophobes!

Although listening to Fabregas' lack of grace in defeat and looking at Ramos' face, I have to confess to mixed feelings.

Comment

What Jah said.

An absolutely self-inflicted defeat.

Vamos Hrvatska

Comment

The furthest Russia have gone in the tournament since 1982, given the second phase then effectively equalled modern-day quarter-finals.

Comment

I hear that Spain will be resting Iniesta for the quarterfinals as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
              So, well done the plucky homophobes!

Although listening to Fabregas' lack of grace in defeat and looking at Ramos' face, I have to confess to mixed feelings.
              Especially as Ramos was acting the twat after his penalty.

Comment

No wonder Manchester United want to sign Lee Grant if this is what De Gea is normally like.

Comment

https://twitter.com/RobV96/status/1013422113586339840?s=19

Comment

Some dodgy 90s movie "zoom and enhance" going on there.

Comment

One of Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Croatia, Colombia or England will play the final. Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                        One of Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Croatia, Colombia or England will play the final. Imagine that.
                        Even more bizarrely, England being the most recent WC finalists of the seven.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                          Croatia or Colombia will do just fine by me, and it's far from unlikely that it will be either of them.

Comment

Didn't watch it (should I, pens apart?). At least we're spared the prospect of Pique-Shaqiri puns later.

Comment

3 min on Youtube will do just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                Even more bizarrely, England being the most recent WC finalists of the seven.
                                They are all teams you usually expect to go out before the semis. Russia almost certainly would not even have got to the finals if they hadn't been hosting it.

Contrast Spain with how easily Uruguay got through Russia the other day.

Comment

Imagine a Switz v Russia semi. Or England v Denmark.

From a neutral POV it needs to be Croatia v Colombia, but this tournament feels random now and prediction starts to feel futile.

Comment

Polls are not always reliable but this was widely reported

http://www.newsweek.com/russians-gay...le-poll-778075

But football in the UK has its homophobia issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Defensive minded
                                      Who do you mean by homophobes? A specific player, the whole team or Russians in general?
                                      Tongue-in-cheek remark. I guess if everyone English is a braying, beered-up racist, and footballing success will only embed this culture for all time, etc, etc.

Pay me no mind.

Comment

I think Stockholm syndrome has set in for me with Ramos. I'm starting to actually like how much of a bastard he is. And I like his haircut. So I'm pleased Spain are out. I'll get counselling.

Comment

Russia played MUCH different against Uruguay. This wasn't parking the bus as much as filling the bus with cement.

I've literally never seen Diego Costa so ineffectual. They were gassed.

But I certainly hope the Hrvatskas can do it, because 3 more games of this will be way too painful. At least Greece could string passes and keep possession in the other team's end for long stretches.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            What Jah said.

An absolutely self-inflicted defeat.

Vamos Hrvatska
                                            When Spain went out, my first thought was that Barry Davies quote about the Italians: they will not learn.

Comment

Latest pod:
                                              https://audioboom.com/posts/6916852-a-godless-wasteland
                                              I give up on predictions. Nothing makes any sense in that silly country.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                I think Stockholm syndrome has set in for me with Ramos. I'm starting to actually like how much of a bastard he is. And I like his haircut.
                                                That haircut is an OCD nightmare!

Comment

So, on reflection, how much, (if at all) do we think did the disruption of Lopetegui’s sacking contributed to Spain’s disappointing performance this tournament?
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-07-2018, 18:26.

Comment

Certainly not the only factor, but a definite factor.

Miguel Delaney had a good piece on this in the Indy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X