• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaysus, what a free kick.

Comment

Wow. Football.

Comment

Oh Sweden. That was there for you to win. How did you allow that one to happen?

I don't rate Sweden's chances against Mexico after that ending.

Comment

Bloody hell, eh?

Comment

No, sadly I think that's a killer blow for them. They can't say they didn't have their chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
              It was straight at him. Very important for sure, but not that difficult to pull off.
              Bullet header at close range. Still had to react quickly to Palm over bar.

Comment

Oh well. Makes for a hell of a final afternoon in that group on Wednesday.

Comment

Absolutely shambolical wall there from Sweden. As soon as the free was taken and passed to the second player, you charge down. Proper charge it down, not half-arsed charge it down.

Comment

Fußball eh? Blutige Hölle!

Comment

Jimmy fucking Durmaz. Dammir.

Comment

Durmaz is a definite candidate for worst substitute's performance ever. Had the ball three times and gave it away twice. Gave away two needless free-kicks in dangerous positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          Oh well. Makes for a hell of a final afternoon in that group on Wednesday.
                          For sure. We now have the situation where a side could go out with two wins, or through with two defeats.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemin-de-fairy View Post
                            That is hilarious.
                            You don't live in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                              Bullet header at close range. Still had to react quickly to Palm over bar.
                              Yeah, dunno what Janik was saying there. The reaction time was microseconds.

Comment

Really feel for Sweden. On the other hand, this increases the likelihood of the match I most want to see at this World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                                  You don't live in Germany.
                                  I don't live in Sweden, either. Still hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    Yeah, dunno what Janik was saying there. The reaction time was microseconds.
                                    Lee Dixon agreed wth me. 'A save you would expect him to make' or similar. Dixon's status as a reliable authority is very questionable, of course.

Comment

Guidetti wasted a really good opportunity in stoppage time by selfishing shooting from a narrowish angle when the Swedish no.10 was completely free on the opposite side of the area. And a minute or so earlier there was a four-on-two that the ref curtailed as a trailing Swedish player had tangled with and tripped an equally trailing German midfielder. Those were the killer opportunities wasted.

Comment

Lee Dixon agreed wth me. 'A save you would expect him to make' or similar. Dixon's status as a reliable authority is very questionable, of course.
                                        You aren't helping your case here.

Comment

Where did the five minutes of injury time come from?

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                            Beneficial red card there. Boateng was playing shite. I know Roy Keane is always angry, but he was extra angry at Boateng.
                                            Exactly what I thought, good to be rid of Boateng especially now they got the win without
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-06-2018, 20:15.

Comment

It was straight at him. Very important for sure, but not that difficult to pull off.
                                              I agree, a good save but one you'd expect a top quality keeper to make.

Comment

Fantastic.

With Kroos' free kick I just knew that a German player (bet on Mueller) would fall over and VAR would give a pen. Because that's what those jammy cheats do, right? Wrong, and wonderfully wrong.

I don't mind if they go out later, didn't want them going out today. But more to the point, just a brilliant and deserved way to survive.

Comment

It's all set up for Koo Ja-cheol to be the new Ahn Jung-hwan.

Comment

Assuming (and it's reasonable to do so) Germany beat Korea, Sweden now need to beat Mexico to get just second place. And Mexico would go out with six points. I don't think one goal has ever changed the complexion of a group so dramatically. The only scenario that sees Germany winning and going out is a 1-0 win while Sweden beat Mexico 3-2 and both go through on goals scored.
                                                    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 23-06-2018, 20:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X