Official fantasy game..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official fantasy game..?

Strange absence/late arrival of an official world cup fantasy game: does anyone know if it's coming soon?

I know lots of newspapers and websites are doing them, but I usually win against my old school friends in international tourneys (some of them have bizarre loyalty to England players...) and the particular rules/quirks seem to suit my mangement style, so was hoping there was going to be one

Launches fully on the 7th apparently.

Comment

My team (Ndidimen) is in (in my school pals' league; Argentina-supporting league)- anyone else for an OTFer league..?

Comment

I'll join.

Comment

I'll create the league if no one else has so far.

edit: code to join is WYAOFCGI
          Last edited by Incandenza; 08-06-2018, 21:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
            I'll create the league if no one else has so far.

edit: code to join is WYAOFCGI
            Could you post a link please, I cannot work out which game it is.

Comment

https://fantasy.fifa.com/en/home

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                Cheers

Comment

Quite happy with mine right on budget.

Comment

Joined.

Comment

In the FIFA game, this is not clear to me, the bold:

SUBSTITUTIONS:
                      MANAGER SUBSTITUTIONS WITHIN A ROUND:

After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next Round of matches start, you can:

- Replace any player (unless they were sent off) with one from your bench whose team is yet to play.
                      - Change your captain (if he was not sent off) with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play.
                      - Players who are substituted out will score 0 points. The captain bonus will be lost from your original captain if a new captain is selected. Substitutions and captain changes can't be cancelled once confirmed.
                      - An unlimited number of manager substitutions can be made, although it is not possible to make them after games on the last day of the Round as all fixtures will have been completed.
                      - If a manager substitution or captain change is made, then no automatic substitutions will take place in your team for that Round.
                      So if I have two Uruguayan players on the bench, two Croatian in the starting line-up right now. Uruguay play on Friday, Croatia on Saturday. If I switch ahead of Friday to the Uruguayans in the starting 11, then on Friday to the Croatians
                      Do I get points for the Uruguayans if they score and I replace them with the Croatian on Friday, or not?

Comment

The way I think it works is that if you have the Uruguayans starting, and they both don't score highly, you can sub them out for the Croatians. You'd be stuck with whatever the Croatians scored, so if they score even less than the Uruguayans, you'd have to stick with the Croatians' scores, but if they score more, then you've done some smart management.

Comment

OK, that sounds fair and logical.

Comment

Since I have 3 email addresses, I have experimentally entered another team, composed entirely of players at teams I support (as listed to your left).

Dundee Utd's Mohsni has just missed out on Tunisia's squad, so they will be represented only by recent ex-keeper Kawashima (as featured in this month's wsc). But the Atletico-Napoli spine of the team is quite strong, and Gladbach chip in too, though maybe fewer 1st choice players.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                              Since I have 3 email addresses, I have experimentally entered another team, composed entirely of players at teams I support (as listed to your left).

Dundee Utd's Mohsni has just missed out on Tunisia's squad, so they will be represented only by recent ex-keeper Kawashima (as featured in this month's wsc). But the Atletico-Napoli spine of the team is quite strong, and Gladbach chip in too, though maybe fewer 1st choice players.
                              Hell, you can do that? I'll enter one more then based on a couple of players from Morocco.
                              Do we enter them in Inca's league or is that cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                Since I have 3 email addresses,
                                Are you the one who had registered Adolf.H@hotmail.com or similar, used it on sites where you had to enter an email and knew an endless stream of bullshit newsletters would follow?

Comment

By the way, I've changed my side. I threw out the Belgians and threw in some Serbians instead. A proper Balkan core with a German backbone and some Disney in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                    Are you the one who had registered Adolf.H@hotmail.com or similar, used it on sites where you had to enter an email and knew an endless stream of bullshit newsletters would follow?
                                    Er, no!

Comment

Perfectly innocent, your honour: work email; ancient yahoo account; recent icloud account accidentally acquired with a phone.

Comment

My Atleti-Napoli-Gladbach team was actually quite competitive...until now: faced with having to draft in ex-players (Cavani, Mandzukic) and a few ringers to make up the numbers

Comment

Working...
                                        X