The appalling punditry thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to appalling punditry (although I'd add in passing that Evan has done more than enough to be banned by now, so I hope he has been), this from Phil Brown is slightly jaw-dropping in its ignorance, on several different levels.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance but who's Phil Brown?

I'm sure (as you imply) that Brown does not know what "homophobic" means; in context, he seems to use it to mean "a player who only wants to play in his own league"; travel-phobic.

Brown seems to be unaware that Pirlo has won a World Cup, Champions League and Serie A and that this might make him happy.

Comment

Evan Evian wrote: Talking of awful things in the media did anyone else see 'The Ladyboy' (Gabby Logan) provide embarrassing session of hagiography with Cashley?

Talk about a soft interview - "so Cashly why are so generally yummy and wonderful" asked the tranny as 'her' first question.
        Fuck off, you cunt.

Comment

Appalling punditry heard on the radio driving home:

Martin Keown (for it was he) told us he thought CRonaldo would score tonite, so Spain would need 2,
          'and they haven't managed that recently'

perhaps a wallchart might've been useful to remind him of their last 2 (i.e most 'recent')results...

Comment

Felicity, I guess so wrote: tonite
            !!!!!!!!!

Comment

RobWz wrote:

Fuck off, you cunt.
              Thanks for being so friendly to a newbie. I think it was Frankie Boyle that first told a similar joke about Mrs. Logan. But I have always thought she had a hint of the tranny about her. Glad Frankie also spotted it.

Or maybe you're just a big Ashley Cole fan perhaps?

After all your reaction does seem ever so slightly over the top dear boy.

Comment

I'm with Rob Wz

Fuck off you cunt.

Lock yourself in a room with Frankie Boyle until the two of you choke to death on your own bile.

Comment

I'm with Nefertiti2 and Rob Wz fuck off you cunt and if you get your jokes from Frankie Boyle then you really need to get out more

Comment

Must admit I enjoyed the thought of an orange flavored liqueur scuttling up & down the pitch for Portugal courtesy of Martin McKeown.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I heard Mowbray and Lawrenson wish a hamstring injury on Abate tonight during the game.
                      This
                      Lawrenson and Mowbray are there to give some insight and the benefit of their knowledge (as a journalist and a ex-player who won trphies and played at the highest level) but i think its disrespectful to say "oooh looks like Abate is injured, lets hope so"

Sickening

Comment

Well I have always thought Mrs. Logan had a touch of the masculine about her - hence she's been dubbed 'The Ladyboy' in my circle of friends for quite some time prior to Boyle's comments - I'm just glad someone else has noticed it.

Plus her standard of interviewing is piss-poor and she knows the square root of fuck all about the game hence is prefect for the BBC's football coverage.

Personally I like a woman to look like a woman:

But I have nothing against she-males and the lovers of she-males - so please calm down.

And can't you do better than dropping the c-bomb?

Comment

I hope that picture doesn't get me trouble for the hideous sin of heteronormativity.

I don't want to curtail anyones enjoyment of their own particular slice of polymorphous perversity!

Comment

Fuck off, you cunt.

Comment

I have a sneaking feeling that Evan Evian is a fellow who writes for WSC from time to time.

Comment

Well aren't you the charming little mysgonist Evan? Is Logan's lack of knowledge about football cuase she's a woman hey Evan maybe your one of those people who thought Keys and Gray were the victims of some feminazi conspiracy?

Comment

heteronormativity
                                  You bloody well made that up!

Comment

Stick to your circle of friends, you misogynist thick cunt.

Comment

Evan, your comment was offensive, you should know it is.
                                      on to the topic it was refreshing to hear Martin Keown last night suggest the German were 'arrogant' and refer to 'the German machine'. He also referred to the Italians as 'passionate' and 'temperamental.
                                      I wonder if, when watching the African Cup of Nations he finds their defending naive, I know I do.

Comment

she's been dubbed 'The Ladyboy' in my circle of friends for quite some time
                                        Your plughole is of no interest. Feel free to splurge your mess somewhere else.

Comment

How does one go about reporting posters like Evan, actually?

Comment

By all accounts, the CBBC alternative commentary via the red button was 1.6 million times better than the Mowbray/Lawrenson droneathon. Did anyone listen to it?

Comment

I got told that by a mate who had thatg on with his 6 year old.

Lawrenson has to go unless the object of having him on is to get people spitting with rage. a stream on senseless drivel at best. The smug wanker really does thinki he's funny when trotting out worn 70's cliches.

complete tosser.

Comment

On another thread someone pasted an article that says approx 12m people watched last night's final on the BBC, and only 2m or so on ITV. This despite the widespread feeling that ITV's coverage has been at least as good if not better (or should than be less-awful) than the BBC's for this tournament.

So despite the pretty widely held view that Hansen is coasting, Lawrenson is a sarcastic boor, Keown adds nothing and Shearer is... well just Shearer, the Beeb can just point to the viewing figures and repeat their mantra that people will always flock to them for the big events, yes? BBC Sport's football coverage is never going to get the kick up the arse it needs when they can out-score ITV 6:1

Comment

unpleasant stuff from evan there.

on to the topic it was refreshing to hear Martin Keown last night suggest the German were 'arrogant' and refer to 'the German machine'.
                                                  the fact that these phrases have been cliches does not necessarily make them untrue every time they are used.

Comment

At first I thought Evan might be real, but all that unrelenting bile surely can't be off the cuff.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X