No announcement yet.

The fast road out of the slums: F1 and Motorsport 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And as I type that Lopez goes off, and #8 (Nakajima at the mo) gets by #7.

Comment

Lopez runs wide and onto the gravel again. Full course yellow and once it's all clear the gap has gone out to five seconds.

Comment

#7 back in front now after the driver changes. Conway in that car, about a second ahead of Buemi in #8.
        ​​​
        ​​​​​​

Comment

https://twitter.com/CRASH_NET/status/1140040603968950273?s=19

The safety car is playing havoc with the race when full course yellow may have been sufficient. There was a great battle for the GTE pro race and it's also caused #8 to get back in front.

Comment

I'm loving the live drivers view of Rebellion Racing's #1 Car with Andre Lotterer. Havent gotten any other reliable feeds, but the engine sounds SO good on that feed.

Comment

Yeah, these are good fun streams. Here's a couple of others -

Ford split screen:
              https://youtu.be/bmOCP-JB6r4

Toyota live:
              https://toyotagazooracing.com/wec/sp...live-2019.html

Kobayashi, Conway and Lopez have around half a lap lead ATM so hopefully they'll see this home. Vandoorne set for the podium as things stand too.

Not sure what happened to the Porsches overnight but GTE Pro is currently Corvette followed by Ferrari.

Comment

Thanks for that Kev. Should Toyota do it again, one of my favorite onboards was that year Audi finished in the top 4, and all rode together, and the driver was crying as all the stewards were waving their flags. Quite the powerful.

Now I'm able to fill the screen like...

Comment

#7 has an electronics problem and Lopez has to limp back to the pits for a reboot. #8 leads!

Comment

The past four laps the 7 car took 5, 1, 3, and now another 5 seconds off the lead.

Comment

7 back in the lead after a somewhat shady 8 pit stop where they weren't answering Nakajima's questions of how hard he should push, then releasing him behind a GTAm car.

7 is extending the lead from 11 seconds to 19 seconds.

Comment

Now 7 is in for fuel, and 8 is back in the lead.

Comment

Barring breakdown, 8 will win this. Bit strange, that pitstop.

Comment

Punctures for Lopez apparently. One, then fixed, then another. If Kobayashi didn't have back luck at Sarthe he'd have no luck at all.

Chapeau to Fernando and co, natch, but that's a hollow one. Vandoorne and co in third, great drive from the SMP crew.

Comment

https://youtu.be/z3BjKFadz0o

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                Punctures for Lopez apparently. One, then fixed, then another. If Kobayashi didn't have back luck at Sarthe he'd have no luck at all.

Chapeau to Fernando and co, natch, but that's a hollow one. Vandoorne and co in third, great drive from the SMP crew.
                                I wonder how much Toyota feels they've scratched their itch now that they've won two Le Mans by default versus beating Porsche, Audi or anyone.

I suspect they'll be back if and when the GT class gets hype again.

I was rewatching 1998 yesterday evening and I miss the madness of roofless prototypes, barely street legal GT cars and actual GT cars doing battle.

Comment

Toyota will have at least one factory competitor in 2020/21 (so that's the 2021 Le Mans) as Aston Martin will enter a hypercar.

Expect heavy involvement from their F1 partners, Red Bull.

Comment

F1 returns this weekend. And also the European Truck Racing Championship!

Comment

Missed Le Mans and the WRC last weekend through being on holiday (chuffed to bits to see Sordo get a second win though). Not a weekend devoid of motorsport though, as I got to see three NASCAR sanctioned lower level racing categories doing their noisy thing at Beech Ridge motor speedway nr Scarborough, Maine. Not sure I'd want to go to a big NASCAR event at a super-speedway, but the grassroots stuff at a 70 year old track with old fashioned wooden bleachers and a family atmosphere was just brilliant.

Comment

Yeah, that was a great win for Sordo, and a real gut punch for Tanak. Championship is even tighter now as we go into the mid-season break.

Bit of night racing live if anyone is interested - Nürburgring 24hr.
                                        https://youtu.be/x4-9UHEwrps

Comment

Breen!
                                          https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june...3--12-12-.html

Comment

Woo-hoo! Great news, and especially if he's being given a decent test and Rally Estonia to get some seat time - otherwise it was a hiding to nothing. Really surprised they've gone with him over Paddon though.

Comment

No mention of the French GP tells you everything you need to know about how interesting F1 is nowadays...

Comment

Yeah, even my Hamilton-mad son is happy to cut back from the Channel 4 highlights to the 5 minute YouTube ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                                  Really surprised they've gone with him over Paddon though.
                                                  Seems like Hayden was too...

https://mobile.twitter.com/HaydenPad...55107649921024
                                                  Last edited by Third rate Leszno; 27-06-2019, 02:10.

Comment

Spectre Vettel knocks out 00Verseven

Comment

Working...
                                                    X