No announcement yet.

Nike go knee-deep: NFL 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I didn't stay up for that - the hope of seeing the Chiefs fight back and take the lead only to lose it in OT would have been crushing, especially in a sleep-deprived state. I can't see the Rams winning, so I'll skip the Superbowl and hope to be pleasantly surprised on the Monday morning. Second prize would be Brady retiring if he wins again.

Comment

Traveshamockery in the NFC game. That inexplicable non-call on a clear PI gave the Rams a chance to win they didn’t deserve.

Comment

It’s almost cute how nobody in the AFC can read Bill Belichick’s mind, while Tony Romo can.

Comment

I've always been a huge fan of Inglewood. Every time I drive through at 7mph on the 405, looking at the concrete slabs as planes fly overhead into LAX I think to myself "These are my people, this is my place". I've supported the Rams ever since they moved to Inglewood, basically my entire life. If there's anything us San Diegans are known for, it's our love and adoration of our larger neighbour to the north.

Comment

Comment

Inglewood has been a place where working class people (mostly African Americans) could afford to buy a house and not be hours away from jobs in most areas of LA. Now with a combination of the stadium coming, and younger professionals being priced out of Santa Monica, Venice, Culver City, etc., it's rapidly being gentrified, and house prices are going way up.

Comment

I felt so gutted at the way Saints lost the other night, I felt it only right to add them to 'my' teams. They always were, but hadn't previously thought to add. LA NFL teams conspicuous by their absence on yours, Inca..?

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                  Inglewood has been a place where working class people (mostly African Americans) could afford to buy a house and not be hours away from jobs in most areas of LA. Now with a combination of the stadium coming, and younger professionals being priced out of Santa Monica, Venice, Culver City, etc., it's rapidly being gentrified, and house prices are going way up.
                  Are the whites returning to Compton?

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/craigcaplan/status/1088854902502244353?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Go ummmmmmmm...... Rams I suppose. Hard to favour either team but would prefer the McVay/Goff partnership to prevail .
                      Last edited by nmrfox; 03-02-2019, 23:04.

Comment

Go Bears

Comment

That Rams uniform is very nice.

Comment

A shame that they won't be their main set going forward

Comment

What's going on with all these timeouts from NE?

Comment

They want to be sure that CBS gets as much as revenue as possible

Comment

Oh there's gareth "Paper man" southgate, the Tim Henman of management.

Is anyone going to score in this game?

Comment

Pointless so far but not pointless in terms of viewing. Superb defense from both teams so far. This will end up close and tense. Excellent stuff.

Comment

I'm sure this is capturing fans all over the world

Comment

It's certainly very unlike any of the limited number of american football games I've ever watched. Did teams make a quantum leap in defending? This is like watching the leap from cavalry based warfare to the Trenches of world war I

Comment

LA's defemce has been very effective at preventing points, but their offence has been anemic.

This is the second lowest scoring first half in history (and the lowest in 40 plus years)

Comment

Who is this streak of piss?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              LA's defemce has been very effective at preventing points, but their offence has been anemic.

This is the second lowest scoring first half in history (and the lowest in 40 plus years)
                                              Did one of them have no score? What happened and what did people make of it?

Comment

You've avoided knowledge of Maroon 5?

That's a good life choice.

Comment

This is Maroon 5. It's not a classic year for the HT entertainment.

Comment

In Super Bowl IX, it was 2-0 at the half.

That was less surprising because it was two legendary defences.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X