No announcement yet.

Georgia On My Mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this year is shaping up to be a truly legendary tournament. Eleven players within two shots of the lead at the halfway stage, almost all of them major champions already and two who aren't (Rahm and Schauffele) both ranked in the top ten in the world. The only (literal) cloud on the horizon is that thunderstorms are predicted for Sunday, which could necessitate a Monday finish.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 13-04-2019, 10:18.

Comment

I think it gets dark around 7pm as well, which is early for a major. Has it ever finished in near darkness?

Comment

There have been early rounds suspended for darkness, usually following a rain delay, but the organisers and CBS are very careful about Sunday (though a few have finished on Monday due to weather).

Comment

And tomorrow's first threesomes will now tee off at 7:30 am due to weather.

Comment

Recent history is that they set the pins so tough on Sunday, apart from at 15 and 16, that really low scoring in windy conditions will be unlikely today. I think -14 will have a very good chance of being the final winning score tonight.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/1117400879232057345?s=19

Comment

This has been brilliant so far on the front nine

Comment

Hasn't it just, packed with excellent golfers pushing each other on. It just feels a bit wrong that it's all peaking in the afternoon.

Comment

Eleven years has been enough of a penance for Tiger - one suspects even his ex will be wishing him well at this remove.

Comment

Fuck Tiger, I want Molinari to win this.

Comment

Mind you, this other guy I've never heard of is leading now.

Comment

What Ray said.

Comment

Trying to follow this and the Liverpool game and I've only got one telly.

Comment

There is a split screen option to follow both on Sky Sports, I tried it for a while but the golf demands sole attention really.

Paris-Roubaix did require a bit of flicking back and forth, mind.

Comment

In downtown Valencia it's zapping and internet.

Comment

I've watched this every year since 1982 and I can honestly say this is shaping up to be the greatest masters of all time. 1986 and 1987 were legendary but this is huge. 7 players within a shot of the lead with 4 holes to go?
                                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 14-04-2019, 17:12.

Comment

It's huge

Comment

Now that the football has finished, the pub is showing the golf on both the BBC and Sky. I can't work out which is the most up to date...

Comment

Sky is generally ahead I think, and Allis-free obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Fuck Tiger, I want Molinari to win this.
                                          Why did I open my bloody mouth?

Comment

Hmmm, it seems to be Sky.

Comment

Spent the whole day nurturing my Kooch ew bet. Then fatally switched my anally retentive attention to poor old Molinari.
                                              ​​​​​​
                                              I won't begrudge Tiger this. Pretty amazing really.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                Eleven years has been enough of a penance for Tiger - one suspects even his ex will be wishing him well at this remove.
                                                Bleurgh

Comment

This is a hugely disappointing outcome.

Comment

Molinari spent most of the back nine looking haunted. I reckon he’ll struggle to sleep for the rest of the month.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X