X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Sox up 10-1 in the fourth . . .

dm, I'm afraid you need a time machine

Comment

Brock Holt played for the Spikes. He’s perhaps the greatest of all Spikes alums.

Comment

First cycle in “postseason” history surely helps in that regard

Comment

Vegas is planning a light rail line from McCarran to downtown that might take some of the crowd off the Raiders parking lots.

UA, have you seen the allegations about the Dodgers' practices in scouting and signing foreign players?

Comment

Well, that was a shellacking! Extremely pleased I was asleep and missed it.

Comment

jefe, my understanding is that a number of teams are likely to face sanctions for that activities in that regard

Comment

Memo to the Dodgers (and any company really): If you find yourself creating a chart of the "egregious" behaviour of your employees, indicating just how criminal they are, maybe stop.

Comment

Holy Hannah

When prosecutors or defence lawyers establish protocols for "key word searches" of relevant documents, they virtually never select "criminal" or "crime" as one of the filters, on the assumption that the targets aren't so stupid that they would write it down.

Perhaps that practice needs to be re-evaluated.

Comment

Comment

I read somewhere that Peter Angelos' reluctance to engage in the international market might stem from knowing how scuzzy it was.

If that's true, suddenly the last few years of indolence have just been justified.

Comment

Yankees are already down 3-0. Boone is about to get the pen going, but starting with Zach Britton, which does not make much sense to me. Go to a guy who could do 2 innings if needed. Boone has made some mistakes these past two days (I'm including today if Britton comes in) but he's not alone. I've said multiple times in these MLB threads during the past few years that I really do not rate Rothchild. I have no idea how he has hung on so long when it is hard to point to any careers that he has resurrected. Perhaps CC's transformation (although a lot of people credit Andy Petit for teaching CC the cutter) and perhaps Severino (although a lot of people talk about his work with Pedro during the off-season and needing seasoning in the minors).

Comment

Stanton up to bat in the 9th with 2 men on in a 4-1 game. We're about to find out if he is going to earn that money.

Comment

Well, he swung at a bunch of junk. 1 out.

Comment

Voigt walks. Bases loaded. 1 out. Kimbrell can't find strike zone.

Comment

Walker up to bat. And Kimbrell hits him.

4-2 Red Sox. 1 out. Bases loaded.

Comment

Sanchez up. Swings at a high fastball. And now he swings at another up in the zone and misses. Kimbrell can't locate breaking balls and Sanchez won't lay off high cheese. 3-2 now. Sanchez needs to be smart.
                                  Last edited by danielmak; 10-10-2018, 03:31.

Comment

Detroit's getting new TV guys next year after one tried to strangle the other toward the end of this season.

Comment

Sanchez with deep fly out. 4-3 now. But two outs.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                        Detroit's getting new TV guys next year after one tried to strangle the other toward the end of this season.
                                        Haha. That's interesting news. Those guys have been together for a while, I think.

Comment

Torres up now. Kimbrell still can't locate breaking pitches. 1-2 now. Fastballs finally for Kimbrell.

Comment

20ish years, I think.

Comment

Play under review. If play is overturned, we have a tie game.

Comment

Replay clearly shows out. Red Sox will win.

Comment

That’s a relief.

Comment

Kimbrel took that Do Damage slogan too literally.

Hell of a stretch by Pearce.
                                                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 10-10-2018, 03:42.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X