Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/sta...71043363409921
    https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1021171043363409921

The happy ending is that the Cubs signed a ball for the kid.

Last edited by Kevin S; 23-07-2018, 13:49.

Comment

Except that guy had already given that kid a baseball (note kid holding two balls) and was giving another kid another ball.

Comment

https://deadspin.com/sounds-like-eve...who-1827798042

A MLB twitter account attacking him was pretty out of line, I think. As it was pointed out from people who were there, he gave the ball he got away to a different kid, besides already having given the kid in the photo a ball earlier.

You'd hope that the family of the kid who supposedly had the ball stolen away from him would come out and stick up for the guy. Even if the ballboy was intending to give the ball to the boy, honestly...he got a ball earlier, and then got a signed ball out of this, ON TOP of already having front row seats for the game.

Comment

Also, the guy who Kev embedded the tweet from...I have no idea who he is and I've never interacted with him before on Twitter, but he has me blocked. I had to open incognito to see who he is, I guess he blocked me for being a Bernie Bro.

Comment

Uh, yeah.

"Jack of all trades, master of some. ����MPP @Harvard [Previous]: digital organizing ����*♀️ @HillaryClinton, MBA ���� @YaleSOM, BA ����@BrownUniversity"

Yeah, you're a real jack alright bud.

Comment

Is it just me or is listing your degrees on social media a bit, um, douchey. But I'm not really sure. Maybe there's a good reason for it.

Comment

It's massively douchey

Comment

We're all aware the Red Sox are on pace to win about 112 games, right?

I feel like this should be a bigger story than it is.

Comment

It is strangely un-hyped, perhaps because of the other tests on a 100+ pace, or because of a lack of the usual drama.

Having a team with 105+ wins in the Wild Card would be fun, especially if Cleveland wins its division with 85

Comment

Fuck yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        It is strangely un-hyped, perhaps because of the other tests on a 100+ pace, or because of a lack of the usual drama.

Having a team with 105+ wins in the Wild Card would be fun, especially if Cleveland wins its division with 85
                        My dad thinks it's because Trump sucks the air out of the room, which I feel like is a theory I can't totally refute.

Comment

I think that is definitely part of it. Also the LeBron story and the anthem nonsense (which takes us back to 45)

Comment

I'm not a big fan of that.

My thought is that division winners should make the playoffs, but a team that finishes second or third in its division should be able to jump over a division winner in the seeding order and push that team into the wild card if and only if it has a winning record against that team when they played. I think that would add intrigue.

Comment

"Military Sunday" can fuck off.

Yes, San Diego, I am looking at YOU.

Comment

Yes. It's so vomit inducing that I almost want them to lose on Sundays. (Fortunately, they are very very good at losing, right now, so I'm not too conflicted).

Comment

Lights are out at Chavez Ravine. It looks like the Dodgers will soon move from MLB to CONMEBOL.

Comment

https://twitter.com/dvnjr/status/1024480660814274560?s=21

Comment

This has been a fun top of the first.

Baez has already induced two Bucco miscues.

Comment

The Dodgers set a Dodger Stadium record with 21 runs scored, and became the first team since the Milwaukee Braves in 1964 to have their three starting outfielders have 4+ RBI.

Comment

Javy Baez, champion swimmer.

Comment

That was something else, but very Javy Baez

Comment

This is interesting...

Comment

Although we're still going to blow it.

Comment

Never in doubt

Comment

Thank fuck for that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X