No announcement yet.

Sending an offender down under? Ashes 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not read anything intimating that stokes can come back. It's estimated the judicial process will be months rather than weeks.

Out of nowhere, rain has stopped play. Will take that.

Comment

What happens to minimum overs remaining? Do they still bowl all of them or make a deduction?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        What happens to minimum overs remaining? Do they still bowl all of them or make a deduction?
        I think they start earlier the next day. Rain is really good for England, if they get back on the outfield will be wet making the ball more difficult to bowl. Well that's what happened when England bowled.

Comment

Yes, they will start earlier tomorrow. It's beginning to look like there will be no more play today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Yes, they will start earlier tomorrow. It's beginning to look like there will be no more play today.
            Just been abandoned for the day.

Comment

"Or is it that England's bowling is pants away from home? We have to see the Aussies against other attacks before judging."

There is some truth in that. England's attack are making pat cummins like a world beater.

Comment

Cricinfo reckons Mark Wood will play in the Third Test if he is fit.

Comment

Cricinfo reckons Mark Wood will play in the Third Test if he is fit.
                  TV said he'll play in the two day match after this test to see if he's fit. Will be in for Woakes or Overton?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    There is some truth in that. England's attack are making pat cummins like a world beater
                    e e cummings would fancy bowling at this lot

Comment

Dominic Cummings.

Comment

England now 87-4. Both Root and Cook gone. Looking a bit grim.

Comment

Malan gone now. 102-5

Comment

Tea. 128-5. Moeen and Bairstow

Comment

Boycott absolutely scathing of England, both as a bowling attack and as a batting force. I'm surprised he didn't look at their fielding.

Vince was wafting when he needed to dig in. Then it just continues through the rest of the batting line up.

Comment

Yes - too many batsmen playing expansive shots outside off stick.

I struggle with Boycott by the way - he may have pertinent opinions, but he goes on and on without end, to the extent that I want to switch him off. I feel sorry for Adam Gilchrist, who has been co-commentating with him.

Comment

This is a team which instills no confidence whatsoever. 5-0 is a real possibility again. The inability of teams worldwide to compete away from home is becoming a major problem, but it’s fair to say this England team just isn’t very good.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if they enforce the following on. I suspect they won't with just 4 bowlers, unless the weather forecast is bad. Why give England a hint of a Headingley 81 chance?

Comment

Will be interesting to see if they enforce the following on. I suspect they won't with just 4 bowlers, unless the weather forecast is bad. Why give England a hint of a Headingley 81 chance?
                                      The light? I don't think any test batsman particularly fancies batting under floodlights. That said, Ponting thinks they will bat again, to give the bowlers a rest.
                                      Last edited by Vicarious Thrillseeker; 04-12-2017, 08:51.

Comment

England 227 all out - 215 behind. Australia to bat again.

Comment

Aus 53-4. Only 268 ahead. I think that is probably enough anyway, especially if they add another 80-100, but it makes a game of it.

In retrospect it was the wrong decision not to enforce the f/o because lights are a huge factor. It also shows that Aus still struggle when it swings.

Comment

In retrospect it was the wrong decision not to enforce the f/o because lights are a huge factor. It also shows that Aus still struggle when it swings
                                            What are the disadvantages? Australia should still win comfortably and the fans will get a full day rather than an innings defeat before lunch. Also less likely a quick will injure himself.

Comment

That is all true. England do not chase well, especially away, and there will be too much time to just play for survival. They might decide to go down playing shots, which is how the first innings went.

Comment

For Bairstow, a poignant moment on a troubled tour http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...-troubled-tour

Comment

That is an awesome story. Bairstow's dad was a hero of mine back in the day and Jonny has that gusto he had. He makes the game enjoyable.

Comment

Dobell gets it right here. England's underperformance has exaggerated the gap between the teams. It didn't have to be this one-sided

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...mmer-have-been

Comment

Working...
                                                    X