Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand - Rugby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    Sam Warburton out with neck injury until the New Year at least. Who'll be at 6 in the autumn internationals?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...wsApp_AppShare

I didn't know Cubby was out, that's a real shame for him and Wales as he deserves a run in the side. Shingler is the right man to step in though, he's looked terrific whenever I've seen him play.

Thought I'd share this article from last week about London Welsh's regeneration. I'll be at Old Deer Park on Saturday for the first home game, against Staines, and hopefully many more will be too.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-09-2017, 11:30.

Comment

Crikey, I forgot about London Welsh getting wound up. I too might have to head down for a game, on the basis I played one game for the Occies many moons ago. I lost my WRU t-shirt there.

Comment

Let me know if you get down there, Flynnie.

In other news, I didn't realise Newcastle play Saracens in Philly at the weekend.

Comment

I wonder how many will turn up. They "only" got 14K for London Irish/Saracens in NJ, with the Irish angle and several Eagles playing for Sarries.

Comment

It's a pointless exercise imho. Playing internationals there and developing a league in north America is logical, this isn't.

The PRO14 is thinking of expanding there. They'd be better off looking at Europe, have Portugal, Spain and possibly Romania with national teams and Georgia too. But no they want Germany and North America and more in South Africa.

The Western Force and their backer are creating a Pacific Rim tournament, and probably going to ignore the Pacific Islands. Again it's about money and not developing the game.

Comment

I can see that the Welsh game is at 3pm but can't see gate prices. I don't suppose anyone would know how much it'd be? I'd suggest meeting up but I have no phone at the moment and aren't sure if I'll be going.

Comment

According to the matchgoing thread, it's free.

Comment

Yep, absolutely gratis. Levin, if you see a big, bald, scruffily-bearded man then...well, then it could probably be about one of a few hundred people but it could be me.

Comment

Cheers, if I do make it I'm the tall guy with a short beard.

Comment

This could get even more like Grindr than a rugby club normally is.

Comment

I'm not going but good to know tall guys with beards are welcome at London Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          It's a pointless exercise imho. Playing internationals there and developing a league in north America is logical, this isn't.

The PRO14 is thinking of expanding there. They'd be better off looking at Europe, have Portugal, Spain and possibly Romania with national teams and Georgia too. But no they want Germany and North America and more in South Africa.

The Western Force and their backer are creating a Pacific Rim tournament, and probably going to ignore the Pacific Islands. Again it's about money and not developing the game.
                          South Africa is a gift to the PRO14 and exactly where they should be expanding.

It's a huge TV market that will have no rugby during half the PRO season except for the Kings and Cheetahs and it's the same time zone (well, plus one), so you're just out the flight times to get there.

Portugal, Spain, Romania, the USA and Germany are just going to be money pits. The Saffers are actually going to add to the league's coffers and that will help the other clubs.

Comment

I think the Pro14 is going to die on its arse. I have real concerns that the new expansion is going to bankrupt the WRU and take the Scots, Irish and Italians with them. Super 15 has caused a whole load of damage to the Australian domestic game - I just hope it's not mirrored in Wales.

Comment

Ulster Scarlets on the Red Button now, should be a decent match.

Comment

Which ones are Scarlets?

Comment

Llanelli

Comment

Playing in black, confusingly. Ulster getting the upper hand after Scarlets were the far better side early on.

Comment

I notice George North is starting for Northampton against Bath (which is on BT), didn't realise he had recovered from the injury which ended his Lions tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        I notice George North is starting for Northampton against Bath (which is on BT), didn't realise he had recovered from the injury which ended his Lions tour.
                                        He started last week too Ray, played well apparently.

This game is pretty decent.

Comment

Ah, missed that. This weekend is the first chance I've had to really follow any rugby (apart from the Dragons game I was at the other week).

Comment

Dragons 21 Connacht 3 in the first half

Did you see that happening when you saw them Ray? Their back line looks useful and Jackman is making the right noises by trying to get away from the unlucky loser mentality.

Comment

I was keeping quiet about that score, worried about jinxing it - they could still blow it from here.

I must admit to wondering if Connacht had drastically dropped in quality because it looks a surprising scoreline, it was hard to judge the Dragons the other week simply because they had no real structure to their play and never got anything going.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-09-2017, 19:37.

Comment

Connacht have lost Lam and a few more players. I think they're back to being the fourth Ireland province. Good at home and poor away.

Didn't realise the Dragons were so poor when you saw them.

Scarlets will do well to win this match tonight.

Comment

Fantastic score for the Scarlets. They know how they want to play the game and continue with that policy and get their rewards to lead.

Comment

And they do it again. Excellent rugby.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X