Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand - Rugby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad will Evans' ban be, managed to miss the incident.

Comment

Sanjay bloody wins it!

Comment

The first ever Pro12 away semi-final win and one of the most impressive displays I've seen from a Welsh rugby team in years. Bravo!

How is Cubby not on the Wales tour, for fuck's sake?!

Comment

Ryan Elias was excellent Harry, they didn't miss Ken Owens.

Evans lifted Ringrose and drove him head into the turf. 8 weeks I guess, he'll be out of the tour.

This is the best result for a Wales region for years. Magnificent result.

Comment

Can't understand it either Harry, he's been excellent all season. A really complete player as he can do the dirty work as well as the attacking.

Comment

Just seen the Evans tackle, that was a slip not a drive and a low end offense surely?

Those two late lost lineouts could have been a disaster, one handed Leinster a try and the other should have.

Comment

It was a red and the referee did well but I hope they don't ban him. Samson Lee being there didn't help.

Comment

Oh, it was definitely a red, just wondering about further sanctions and how hard they may be.

Comment

Another cracker in the English Premiership semi-final and Exeter win it in a heart-stopping finale.

Comment

Racing continue their desperate run to save a lousy season, becoming only the second team to win at Montpellier this season.

Top 14 semi-finals (both to be played at Marseille next weekend)

Toulon - La Rochelle
                      Clermont - Racing

Comment

Filthy illegal no arms hit on Biggar by Munster's Sailli when the Osprey didn't have the ball. Unbelievable there was no card.

Ospreys lead 0-3 with 15 minutes gone.

Comment

Wasps beat Leicester at the death.

Just got back home to watch the second half of the Ospreys game, no Rhys Webb playing as he's strained a muscle.

The flights to Dublin are ridiculous at the moment. Seeing if I can get there for the Scarlets in the final.

Comment

Get the ferry over, surely? A real Good v Evil clash in the English Final then with Franchise RFC getting there.

Munster v Ospreys looks a dog of a game from the one eye I am keeping on it, the home side look to have it won at 13-3 with a conversion pending.

Comment

Scott Otten sacked from the front row union for that.

Comment

Why was that Ospreys try disallowed? Watching on my phone between heats at the Speedway.

Comment

Knock on by Habberfield. I think it was a harsh call.

Would have made no difference to the result as even with the conversion Ospreys would have still needed two scores.

Munster score again and are through. Still a few minutes left.

Comment

Another try disallowed, Giles does touch the line.

Munster 23 Ospreys 3.

Munster really do push the boundaries in the ruck, when the scrum half is about to take the ball they hit the ruck again and delay the pass.

Munster play Scarlets at 6pm next Saturday in the Aviva. Come on Scarlets.

Comment

Suspect TG4 would have hurriedly stuck on a film next Saturday rather than the dread prospect of an all-Welsh Lansdowne final, so their management will be mightily relieved.

Comment

Billy Vunipola is out of the Lions tour

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Billy Vunipola is out of the Lions tour
                                          Replaced by James Haskell, Harry will be pleased.

Comment

It's a disaster, obviously mainly the loss of a genuinely irreplaceable player like The Good Vunipola but also having to call up a toxic arsehole and professional bodybuilder with zero rugby talent like Haskell.

I'm hardly out on my own about him either, the response to this on rugby sites and social media is almost universally condemnatory - they should have called up Thomas Young or Cubby Davies.

Comment

Those two aren't realistic options though. Barclay or Heaslip might have been better choices or Launchbury with Itoje moving back one.

If Faletau gets injured the Lions are in a spot of bother.

Comment

Half the squad will be injured before the first test, given the schedule. I don't know how much cash from these games will make it to the coffers of the Lions' nations, but it should be a tidy sum, since they've agreed to abandon any hope of actually winning the series.

Comment

They still have a shot to give the Super Rugby franchises more of a game than the Aussie teams have this season,

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: Those two aren't realistic options though. Barclay or Heaslip might have been better choices or Launchbury with Itoje moving back one.
                                                    Young and Davies were just plucked from the top of my head after excellent performances in the weekend's domestic semi-finals but I should have phrased it as "may as well have called up" rather than "should have". Though both would have counteracted the disappointingly low ratio of Welsh faces on the tour.

I agree Itoje is an option in the back row but I do worry about being reduced to signposting that right now after one withdrawal from that area - it sends the message weeks upfront that we think the cupboard is bare.

More importantly, I think we can all agree it should have been Anyone But Haskell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X