Great Scott? Masters 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... thanks for that Rickie. Go stand over there with Dustin Johnson.

Koepka +1, Thomas +4.

I should stick to horses. More reliable.

Comment

If you're +1, you've got a chance.

Comment

Day collapsing. Cabrera going into the water twice. It's not just Ernie who's doing it. Looks like you might need a 10 shot lead with 2 holes to play to feel confident

Comment

Outside Agent wrote: In my mind, it signals the arrival of Spring.
          Yep, I too will be celebrating the coming of Spring indoors, with my arse firmly planted on the sofa drinking too much wine. Although watching The Masters always makes me feel like going on long walks through the woods afterwards.

My main bet pre 1st round was Justin "Cracklin' " Rose each way, so that's looking good. I also put a safety Euro on Speith to win once I heard about the wind forecast on Day 1.

To prove that I'm not completely smug, I also backed Kuchar each way because I think he has a nice smile when he's playing well.

The Masters is more fun with Big Phil on a roll, stomping goofily about, but I can't really see it this year.

Comment

Ernie's implosion. Not Safe For Golfers...

Comment

Nobody seems able to sustain anything here. It looks incredibly tough.

I really enjoy watching this, but I hate the "Augusta National Has Loads Of Heritage" pompous little idents and voiceovers they have.

Comment

Dechambeau. I've mentioned him before (admittedly not on this thread, but on the other ones you all ignore) ... he could seriously win this. As an amateur. The patrons at Augusta have been waiting for that to happen since Billy Joe Patton.

Comment

I too think rose has the temperament for each way. Spieth and mcilroy the class though . Got a sneaky for dustin Johnson.

Comment

Halfway through, and things are set nicely.

Indulge me as I look at how wrong I was...

Auntie Beryl wrote: my 8 (EIGHT) each-way £1 picks now. (My bookie of choice is paying out top eight.)

Dustin Johnson - Unusually for Dustin, is playing some steady, unremarkable golf. Sits tied for 8th this morning. Could easily be in the mix tomorrow.

Rickie Fowler - As previously touched upon, a +8 opening round was disastrous and while a 73 on Friday was a decent score in context, it was not enough.

Charl Schwartzel - Failed to display any of the experience I had expected from him and two 76s have seem him miss the cut.

Danny Willett - Second time around at Augusta, and beginning to look at home. Fell away a little yesterday but still on even par for the tournament, tied 8th.

Marc Leishmann - Unspectacular 74 and 77, and he's on his way home.

Brandt Snedeker - Sits 5th, one of six players yet to post an over par round. Solid each way bet, I'm hoping he continues to trundle round as he has.

Brooks Koepka - +1, tied 15th, but one away from the current each way payout. Like Snedeker, no fireworks but this weekend that is no embarrassment.

Kiradech Aphibarnrat (long shot) - my 250-1 punt has delivered two rounds bang on par so far, and also sits tied for 8th.
                    Can I cash out now please?

Comment

Vijay Singh played a simply amazing shot yesterday, skimming and bouncing his ball across a water hazard and onto the green like a kid skimming stones on a lake. Beautiful.

Comment

Just once, i wish the Americans would use Augusta for the Ryder Cup. Imagine that back 9 in that context? I think it would be fantastic.

Comment

I say it every year, but I think they've gone overboard "Tiger-proofing" Augusta. No-one shot under 71 yesterday. That's just crazy. If people want to pay to watch the best golfers in the world playing conservatively and struggling for birdies, let them do so at the US Open. The Masters used to be about people charging round in 64 or 65.

Comment

I think that's a bit unfair, Rogin. The scoring was fine on Thursday before the wind got up. It's the wind that's making it so tough.

Meanwhile, Spieth is annoying me more and more with his very slow play. He should always be on the clock. You can't just wait 5 minutes for the wind to be perfect before taking a 2 foot putt.

Comment

A bogey - double bogey finish by Spieth on 17 & 18 has made tomorrow's final round much more interesting. A four-shot lead is now down to one.

Bernhard Langer is two shots back. 31 years after winning his first Masters at Augusta. So, many of his competitors weren't even born when he first donned the Green Jacket. The age differentials in various sports always provides an interesting angle, but this is in a whole different category. Langer truly is of a different generation to Spieth, McIlroy et al.

Comment

I'd love to see him do it, but I'd expect Langer to fade away tonight. Logic and history also dictate that Smylie Kaufman must surely fall away under the pressure of playing in his first ever Masters Sunday. I think Dustin Johnson, who is playing steadily, might be the guy to watch if someone's going to make a charge out of the pack.

Comment

Money on each way Westwood and rose. To win Johnson. Which means sure fire spieth win

Comment

Early days, but there haven't been as many birdies as I expected from the players on the course.

My 250-1 shot Aphibarnrat has one through 2, though, and is now T16. Just need top 8, Kiradech. Carry on.

Comment

Sky Sports 4 were replaying one from about twenty years ago, earlier, that had Larry Mize, Tom Lehman and Tom Watson in the mix with Jose Olazabal and Greg Norman. Was that 1999, or earlier? 1994?

Comment

It ain't gonna happen, but I'd love to see Lee Westwood do it.

Comment

Bernhard looking like Clint on the practice green. I would so love it to happen. You feel lucky Speith? Well do ya?

Comment

And he looks so much better than Speith in grey. It's my birthday. Full bottle of red. Best night's telly of the year, and for once I'm not on shift. Happy as a pig in poo!

Comment

I'm getting old(er), I suppose. But I don't want my sporting heroes to be called Smiley.

Comment

Langer's 114th round at The Masters. Amazing.

Smylie, old man.

Loving Speith in the lead. Just such a nice kid.

For some reason, can't warm to Johnson. He gives off the air of 'dirtbag'. Plus his association with the Gretzky clan colours my opinion.

Comment

Ah, Masters Sunday.

My favourite Sunday of the year.

Comment

WOM wrote: Langer's 114th round at The Masters. Amazing.

Smylie, old man.

Loving Speith in the lead. Just such a nice kid.

For some reason, can't warm to Johnson. He gives off the air of 'dirtbag'. Plus his association with the Gretzky clan colours my opinion.
                                                    Thought he'd be first in the queue if Canada started its own honours system? (Gretzky, that is)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X