Hot Ice: NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Ice: NHL 15/16

Amazing upset with Flyers winning 2-0 in DC.
    2-3 with the series going back to wristband rainin' rink.

Isles also up 1-0 going into the 3rd.

Comment

Barkov sneaks in the backdoor for the Panthers

1-1...

...but it's challenged....

.....brought to you by the Lincoln Motor Company....

.....Holy Fuck this is an offsides with a crossice view of a skate whadda lame-ass waste of time..................

...............................Call on the ice stands.

1-1 in the 3rd.

Comment

I was just about to go to bed, last night, when an alert popped up on my tablet: "Hawks-Blues game 6 about to start". Ugh, I thought.

Yes, I stayed up; yes, I'm very tired right now; but, yes - it was worth it! :-D

Comment

Caps/Penguins

Tasty

Comment

After an insane amount of empty-net chances for the Panthers, Luongo is about a 1/2 cm of stomach fat away from keeping the puck from squeezing out for John Tavares to poke in....

1-1 into OT.

Comment

2nd OT.

Luongo was Good Luongo. Some outstanding saves against incredible pressure.

Let's just take a look back:

Game 1: Islanders 5:4 Panthers
              Game 2: Panthers 3:1 Islanders
              Game 3: Islanders 4:3 Panthers (OT)
              Game 4: Panthers 2:1 Islanders
              Game 5: Islanders 2:1 Panthers (2OT)
              Game 6: 1-1 (2OT)

1 empty-netter being the only 2-goal victory in this, with 3 OT games.

Masterpiece of a series.

Comment

TAVARES

2-1.

2 OTs.

4-2.

Isles V Lightning in what should be another masterpiece.

Comment

Bollocks!

I stayed up all night for that?

Oh well, at least I managed to get the day off work tomorrow ...errr, today... at short notice.

And at least the 'Hawks showed some spirit in fighting back.

That was two 'double-post' rebounds (to deny a goal) in one game, wasn't it? I can't recall seeing that before.

So... in the aftermath of this, to what extent do you think this - the season as well as the playoffs ending this way - was the result of the 'Hawks having to shed players because of the salary cap in the offseason? The Globe & Mail seems pretty unequivocal about it, although I don't like the tone that they use to frame the argument in.

Is this the end of the Blackhawks 'dynasty' years for this generation?

Comment

You never can tell, especially when their good friends to the east in Robocop Land have gone on 2 decades making the playoffs this season.

Being that the Hawks should just be entering their prime now (Kane being in his 20s with 3 cups to his name,) I see no major reasons they won't be in the hunt for at least 5-10 more years.

This Russian google doc site has just about every t*****t of every game. What's neat is their highlights package, where they have 5-6 minute highlight packages of every game all in one trnt.

Comment

Penguins seem to really be getting under the Capitals skin. Really physical hockey - very entertaining.

Comment

They (the Igloo Boys) are looking large and nasty.

Lightning 3:3 Isles is incredible hockey as well. These Isles playoffs games are all masterpieces.

Comment

The Pens look so incredibly huge, fast, and strong. You would've figured the Caps were the plucky underdog.

I've never seen a team so completely dominated and taken out of their game with such a high regular season point total.

Comment

Not NHL but a player from the town where i live scored against Canada today (for Hungary ). Canada won 7-1 but still

Comment

Given that Canada just beat Belarus 8-0, that's not a bad result at all for Hungary.

Adieu, Brooklyn. The Bolts look very good.

The coaching carousel has also begun to spin. So far Bruce Boudreau has gone to Minnesota and Guy Boucher to Ottawa (which also wanted Boudreau). The hot seats in Calgary and Anaheim remain vacant, and there still may be a shoe or two to drop.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Given that Canada just beat Belarus 8-0, that's not a bad result at all for Hungary.

The coaching carousel has also begun to spin. So far Bruce Boudreau has gone to Minnesota and Guy Boucher to Ottawa (which also wanted Boudreau). The hot seats in Calgary and Anaheim remain vacant, and there still may be a shoe or two to drop.
                                I wish more teams would think outside the box a bit more and not just take somebody who has already been fired a few times.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Given that Canada just beat Belarus 8-0, that's not a bad result at all for Hungary.
                                  And a narrow 2-1 defeat to the Finns suggests that Hungarian ice hockey is in some form of respectable shape. I didn't get to see any of this game, but our form (and results) in the opening three matches was good.

Comment

Linus can confirm, people in Montreal are *not* happy that Ottawa got Guy Boucher.

Comment

Interesting piece on South Korea's search for ringers ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Comment

San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

The hilarious thing is how many Devils fans are pissed that DeBoer is doing so well. I've never seen a more hated ex-coach.

Good luck to him and the Sharks. They've been fun to watch all playoffs.

Comment

This is an awesome goal call

Bonino's winner in Punjabi

Comment

" https://twitter.com/HkyNightPunjabi/status/737478515390447616"

I would advocate putting this in the background-
                                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJztXj2GPfk

Then keeping the button on :03 and :07 for the Boninoboninobonino and ayyyyyhh-hooooaaaaauuuuuuhhhhhh samples.

Comment

Those guys have been calling Canucks games for years. It's great they've broken nationally.

Comment

Muuk will be happy that a good Karpat boy has ensured that we will have a serious Stanley Cup Finals

Joonas Donskoi in Overtime. Take a bow.

Comment

Goodbye, Mr. Hockey

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X