No Kidding - 2014 NBA Season

Anyway. Spurs - Heat, eh?

Comment

Go Heaters.

If only because of Mr. LeBatard.

Comment

This long piece on Delonte West raises a lot of broader issues about how "we" treat issues of mental health in sport[s].

And this Jon Bois video game simulation of the "Death of Basketball" somehow manages to be both completely mad and brilliant in equal measure.

Comment

A strange game last night overshadowed by the re-occurrence of what basketball Twitter calls "The Narrative": the questioning of LeBron James' credentials as an Elite Player, a Winner, One of the Greatest, etc.

Spurs had a ton of turnovers, but shot almost 60%, more than 50% on their three pointers, and had one of the most offensively efficient fourth quarters in Finals history.

The two most dominant dunks came from Danny Green and...Ray Allen? And there was the broken A/C.

But it's LeBron's cramps that will be the main story. There were a lot of internet tough guys saying how ridiculous it was that he was sitting out. Some soccer people that I like on Twitter posted things along the lines of "boohoo! Soccer players play 90 minutes outside in the sun in the summer!" Darren Rovell was on SportsCenter this morning talking about how LeBron's cramps could effect his sponsor Powerade's brand. So maybe I do blame LeBron for subjecting us to that.

Comment

And maybe I blame LeBron for...

Well, nothing.

Other than the shortarse from the Utah Jazz (Stockton?) and the Bulls with Jordan, LeBron has me watching basketball again.

Thank you. (As if I needed another excuse to watch another sport...)

Oh, and Chris Bosh is a fucking MONSTER. And, about time he gets some credit (like Scottie Pippen, or moreso, Dennis Rodman. Did you know that Scottie Pippen is at least 3 inches taller than the rest?)

Comment

Working...
            X